Findings in the 132 page report include:
• The global market for aerogels increased from $24.8 million in 2004 to $35.7 million in 2005. Sales are estimated to reach $62.2 million by the end of 2006. By weight, a total of 253 metric tons of aerogels was produced in 2004, increasing to 392 metric tons in 2005. They are estimated to reach 706 metric tons by the end of 2006.
• Aerogel consumption and revenue growth is being driven primarily by the utilization of these materials in the manufacture of thermal insulation products used mainly for building and pipeline insulation. The thermal insulation sector accounts for 57.6% of total revenues in 2006. Other key market sectors include consumer, sensors/instrumentation, and pharmaceutical.
• Aerogel manufacturers have placed an emphasis on cost reduction, developing new types of aerogels, and targeting very large commercial markets or markets in rapid expansion (such as textiles, fuel cells, and catalysts). As a result, aerogel consumption will grow very rapidly during the next five years, at an AAGR of 78.1%, with projected consumption in excess of 12,500 metric tons in 2011.
Summary of the report:
• An historical and technical review of aerogels, including an outline of different aerogel types and their typical fabrication methods.
• A global market analysis of aerogels, including current technical issues, a review of related recent technological developments, and global aerogel revenues for each type of material by application and region.
• A presentation of market growth trends, based on industry growth, technological trends, unit price trends, and regional trends; projected aerogel revenues are included, with forecast average annual growth rates for the period 2006 through 2011.
• The global industry structure, including a complete list of aerogel suppliers with a description of their products, along with detailed company profiles.
• An extensive global patent analysis, with a summary of patents related to aerogel materials, formulations, fabrication methods, and applications.
Global Industry Structure
Global Patent Analysis
List Of Figures
Global Market For Aerogels, 2004-2011 ($ Million/Metric Tons)
Aerogels is available in PDF format from Report Buyer. For more information please visit the Report Buyer website.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00012
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.