NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Chisinau, Moldova Republic, 2007/05/17 - Aiko Solutions releases SecuBox 1.2, the latest version of its data protection software for Windows PDAs. SecuBox creates a virtual encrypted storage on Pocket PC, which looks like a usual storage to the user.
Aiko Solutions releases SecuBox 1.2, the latest version of its data protection software for Windows PDAs. SecuBox creates a virtual encrypted storage on Pocket PC, which looks like a usual storage to the user. All information written to this encrypted storage is automatically encrypted on the fly using industry standard AES 256-bit encryption. It encrypts all sensitive information keeping it secure and protected, even in such catastrophic cases when the PDA is lost or stolen.
Aimed to improve user experience and ease day-to-day data protection routines, SecuBox 1.2 comes with command line support and close integration with Windows Mobile File Explorer. You can now use SecuBox directly from the command prompt which makes it ideal for automating repetitive tasks. An extensive set of command line options gives you pinpoint control over SecuBox's actions.
Starting with 1.2 the Japanese edition of SecuBox is available. The Japanese version will be distributed through Aiko Solutions' authorized distributor nextEDGE Technology. Under terms of the agreement, nextEDGE Technology will localize and distribute Aiko Solutions` full line of encryption applications in Japan. nextEDGE Technology will also provide technical support to its customers. “SecuBox is a very unique and exciting product for Pocket PC and Windows Mobile,” said Bret Chou, CEO, nextEDGE Technology. “We are looking forward to promoting Aiko’s Secubox in Japan.”
• Advanced security algorithms - AES 256-bit encryption algorithm is used for encrypting the data, SHA 512 for generating the encryption key. No knowledge of encryption and cryptography required - designed for busy professionals that value their time.
• Encryption key backup - The backup copy allows restoring the storage in the cases of password loss or if the storage file has been accidentally corrupted during the operating system failure.
• Easy installation, maintenance and usage - SecuBox for Pocket PC seamlessly integrates into daily life requiring no change in the way users work with Pocket PC. No configuration or soft reset required.
• On-the-fly transparent encryption - SecuBox creates encrypted virtual storages. When you open a file from a SecuBox secure storage the data is decrypted on-the-fly, when you save it back on the encrypted storage, the data is automatically encrypted.
* Password strength meter - a good password is one that cannot be guessed. Our advanced algorithms for judging the password's quality will help you create a strong, hard-to-guess password to ensure that no one will ever get access to your encrypted information.
• Secure storage deletion - ensures that deleted files will never be recovered by special recovery tools.
• Change storage properties - encrypted storages can be assigned read only and hidden properties.
• Multiple encrypted storages - up to 10 encrypted storages may be mounted at the same time.
• System tray icon - allows you to quickly mount/unmount the encrypted storages.
• File Explorer integration - SecuBox storage can be mounted directly from Windows File Explorer - with a single tap on the container file.
• No backdoors - SecuBox for Pocket PC does not include backdoors or escrow keys. Neither we nor any other entities will be able to get access to the encrypted data - regardless of circumstances.
Pricing: Business or Personal license costs USD 39.95, while educational institutions are eligible to special licensing scheme.
Platforms: Windows Mobile 6 Professional, Windows Mobile 6 Classic, Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC Phone Edition, Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 2002/2003/2003SE/2005, Windows CE 3.0/4.0/4.1/4.2/5.0/5.2, Handheld PC 2000 (Windows CE 3.0), Pocket PC /2002/2003/Phone Edition, Palm-size PC
Supported processors: ARM, SH3, MIPS
About nextEDGE Technology
nextEDGE Technology is a specialized software security and localization company focused on providing Spyware / Malware research, Globalization("G11n") = Internationalization(“I18n”) and Localization (“L10n”). nextEDGE Technology is headquartered in Tsukuba, Japan and a branch office located in Seattle, Washington.
About Aiko Solutions
Aiko Solutions is the developer of reliable and convenient encryption solutions for Pocket PC PDAs and smartphones. All Aiko Solutions encryption products use the strongest encryption algorithm known today - AES 256 bit encryption, accepted as industry standard by NIST. Our encryption products do not contain any backdoors or escrow keys that would allow any third parties to get access to your confidential information.
Office: 029-858-1126 (Japan)