On October 20th, FundingPost is hosting a panel discussion with leading Angel Investors at its “Angel Investors in New York” event, sponsored by Morrison and Foerster. FundingPost has created a unique niche because while most Investor events deal with Venture Capitalists and later-stage investors, this event allows early-stage companies a chance to meet local early-stage Private Investors known as “Angel” Investors and Early-stage Venture Capitalists.
After hosting a highly successful series of Angel Investing events in 2004, FundingPost is continuing this proven formula again this year. FundingPost already hosted its Fall Angel event in Philadelphia on September 21st, and now it is preparing to return to New York. The panelists for the event include:
• Howard Morgan, Director, IdeaLab & Member, NY Angels
• Sandy Nemitz, Angel Investor
• Ellen Sandles, Exec Dir, Tri-State Private Investors
• Chris Starr, VP Investments, Innovation PA & Mid-Atlantic Angel Group
• Hugh Cullman, Business Development Principal, SAVP
• Tim Reese, Founding Member, Minority Angel Investor Network
• Morgan Rodd, Managing Partner, ArrowPath Venture Partners
• Alan Kelley, Strategy & Research, Milestone Venture Partners
• Moderator: John Hempill, Partner, Morrison & Foerster
Following the breakfast presentation, two companies will have the opportunity to “pitch” to the entire panel of investors. “It’s a fantastic opportunity for an early-stage company to spend 20 minutes pitching a room full of Angels and Seed Investors,” said Joe Rubin, Director, FundingPost. “Angel investors and early-stage VCs are always on the lookout for great ideas, and FundingPost is proud to provide a forum for seed investors to locate promising new ventures.”
For over four years FundingPost has worked with thousands of Angel and Venture Capital Investors and Entrepreneurs. With over 2,500 CEOs and 400 Venture Funds attending events in 15 cities nationwide; a quarterly Dealflow magazine; and a deal-exchange website that has, on average, seen an introduction of an Investor to an Entrepreneur every business day since its inception; FundingPost believes that it is important to reach investors in every medium possible - both online and offline, and is experiencing strong growth as the venture capital markets continue to improve worldwide.