NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2007/04/12 - A do-it-yourself Board Review programme is available from Echelon Learning's consulting division within its launch of added-value board development services for public sector and not-for-profit organisations.
Based on six 'hot' questions with challenging action points, this board review is part of toolkit of added value board development services offered by Echelon Learning.
"Many private and public sector organisational boards cannot afford an independent board review yet are still keen to ensure they comply with best practice and review performance effectively," says Echelon Learning director Jenny Hill. "This diagnostic and the toolkit is a useful and free first base for any business embarking on developing its board."
The toolkit offers just-in-time governance support for directors and boards including those aspiring to be directors; directors new to their job; and experienced directors who may have gaps in their financial or corporate governance knowledge, or who want to check-out best practice - whether it be for public, corporate or charitable sector organisations.
The toolkit features a free diagnostic offering an interactive self-assessment of users’ knowledge of corporate governance, 13 additional governance knowledge builders commissioned from the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators, 13 best practice essays and 11 financial management action lists published by Bloomsbury, and seven board assurance and 19 performance support tools developed by Echelon from its own board consultancy work.
It also features 10 invaluable IT governance tools authored by Alan Calder of IT Governance Ltd.
Each tool can be purchased individually by credit card or on account for immediate download. Alternatively unlimited access to the content can be provided and the toolkit in bespoke form attached to a company’s intranet under annual licence.
About Echelon Learning
Echelon Learning is a consultancy-led publishing house that integrates electronically-delivered knowledge and learning into the development of management skills and business performance.
Echelon Consulting spearheads the company’s service with the development of new content in meeting clients’ requirements. This is usually derived from analysing employee knowledge and learning needs captured during client learning programmes.
Where appropriate, Echelon Publishing then offers this new content to a wider audience by publishing the material in generic format. This is made available in the form of easy to use ‘learning nuggets’ and is complimented with business development information licensed exclusively from one of the market’s best-known providers, Bloomsbury.
Echelon e-Learning provides the electronic systems which enable content to be published, distributed and usage tracked, and offers work-based solutions to a global audience. Echelon’s blended learning based on a bespoke site populated with material selected to support specific courses, builds knowledge prior to the event and refreshes application when back at the desk.
About Echelon Publishing
Echelon technologies help organisations place solutions at people’s fingertips, whether solving everyday business and work-related problems or helping gain qualifications and continued professional development.
• Has a content management system enabling informational or learning material to be developed or converted into XML so that it can be published and distributed in text and/or via the web
• Has a learning management system to provide ready access via the web to highly structured information, which is easily searched and retrieved, and whose usage can be tracked and learning logged
• Publishes and/or reformats content for professional bodies and commercial organisations to help students and employees maintain or develop requisite skills throughout their careers
• Supports people from the outset of their careers in working with professional bodies to develop and deliver the learning content required by students in preparing for examination
• Frees up the knowledge and learning contained within a business so that people have ready access to these resources in helping them to solve problems or develop their careers.