• Based on the results of rigorous testing, Miercom awarded the Sonus SBC 5400 with its Performance Verified certification.
• During testing, the Sonus SBC 5400 demonstrated superior scalability, with zero capacity degradation when encrypting sessions under advanced DoS attack scenarios.
• The entire Sonus Session Border Controller Core portfolio, inclusive of the SBC 5000 Series, SBC 7000 and SBC SWe, is now Miercom Performance Verified.
Sonus Networks, Inc., a global leader in securing cloud and real-time communications, announced today that Miercom, an independent certification company, has verified the performance and security of the Sonus SBC 5400 Session Border Controller (SBC). With this certification, customers can enjoy peace of mind knowing the Sonus SBC 5400 delivers proven security, reliability and performance in the most demanding network conditions.
The SBC 5400 was purpose-built to meet the unique real-time communications challenges large enterprises and service providers face today. As these customers migrate from legacy to next-generation IP-based communications systems, the Sonus SBC 5400 provides a solution for robust network security, intelligent session control, robust media services and SIP normalization.
The Miercom report found the SBC 5400 delivered impressive results during multiple tests and attack scenarios, including the ability to provide:
• Advanced Scalability The capacity of the SBC 5400 hardware platform can be easily expanded to 75,000 concurrent sessions by simply upgrading media interface capacity via software licensing.
• Unparalleled Performance While many competitive SBCs lose as much as half their call capacity by encrypting VoIP media streams, the SBC 5400 easily supports just as many encrypted secure RTP sessions as normal unencrypted media sessions.
• Robust Security Denial of Service (DoS) flood attacks were launched at the SBC 5400’s SIP-signaling and media ports while it handled high call volumes. The SBC 5400 effectively deflected these attacks and no legitimate calls were dropped irrespective of call complexity.
With this certification, the entire Sonus SBC Core portfolio is now Miercom Performance Verified. Miercom’s certification of Sonus’ performance in extreme network conditions gives customers the assurance they require as they migrate to next-generation IP-based communications systems.
“Test results confirm the Sonus SBC 5400 offers exceptional performance and impressive scalability for large enterprise or service provider networks,” said Robert Smithers, CEO of Miercom. “With sustainable call capacity, sophisticated transcoding, effective DoS deflection and high availability, we are pleased to recognize the Sonus SBC 5400 as a superior product and award it the Miercom Performance Verified certification.”
“We strive to deliver products and services to our customers that provide the highest level of performance and security,” said Shambhu Rai, Principle Product Manager, Sonus. “The Sonus SBC 5400 was architected with this mission in mind and this certification is proof of that we have accomplished our goal. Customers now have Miercom’s assurance that the entire Sonus SBC Core portfolio performs with industry leading results.”
Sonus (sonus.net) brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of Sonus’ most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.