JDA Software Group, Inc., has announced its keynote speakers and customer presenters for JDA FocusConnect 2016, scheduled for November 7-9 at the new London Intercontinental Hotel at The O2 Arena in London, England.
More than 500 supply chain professionals from across the retail, manufacturing, wholesale distribution and logistics industries will gather at this regional user summit for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Over the course of three days, representatives from more than 40 JDA customers will detail their supply chain transformation journeys. Session speakers include industry analysts and other supply chain thought leaders discussing the issues raised by today’s digital transformation. Intel and Starware are platinum sponsors of the conference. Agora Europe, Centiro, Cognizant and REPL Group are gold sponsors.
The theme of FocusConnect 2016 “Plan, Profit and Deliver” highlights the challenges companies face as they seek to balance the digital transformation with increased profitability.
“In today’s digital, connected world, it’s tempting to try to differentiate your business and win the sale based on offering incredible customer service at all costs,” said Franck Lheureux, regional vice president, EMEA, JDA. “Today, the most successful companies are planning for profitability from the earliest stages and transforming their supply chains to be more agile and nimble in delivering goods to customers. They don’t make customer promises they can’t keep; instead, they take a modern, data-driven, approach that leverages increased visibility across the entire supply chain and balances customer satisfaction versus margins on an ongoing basis.”
Attendees will benefit from the success stories of supply chain leaders including ALDI, ConAgra Foods, DHL, Energizer, E & J Gallo Winery, Nestle Purina, Philips, PepsiCo, Virgin Media, Wacom and Waitrose. In addition, FocusConnect 2016 will feature the following keynote speakers:
• Andy Clarke, Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Asda Stores Ltd: Andy Clarke is the former President and Chief Executive Officer of Asda Stores Ltd, the UK’s second-largest supermarket retailer. In his role, Clarke was committed to Asda’s promise to save customers money so they can live better. Clarke's career with Asda spanned almost 20 years, having originally joined the company from Morrisons in 1992 as Manager of the Edinburgh store before rising to the position of Retail Director. In 2000, he became Chief Operating Officer for Matalan, a position he held for two years before being appointed as Managing Director of Iceland. In 2005, Clarke re-joined Asda as Retail and Operations Director, becoming Chief Operating Officer two years later and CEO in May 2010.
• Rob Bingley, Vice President, Supply Chain & Logistics, Global Tools & Storage division, Stanley Black & Decker. Rob Bingley is the VP Supply Chain & Logistics for the Global Tools & Storage division of Stanley Black & Decker covering EANZ and the Emerging Markets Group of Middle East, Africa, Russia, CIS and India based in Diegem, Belgium. Bingley is a career supply chain professional, who, prior to SWK, worked in logistics & supply chain at BOC Medical (Ohmeda) before joining the now divested Stanley Doors Operations in Drakehouse, Sheffield.
• Gerd Leonhard, Futurist, Humanist, Author, Keynote Speaker and CEO, The Futures Agency. In his new book, Technology vs Humanity, Leonhard explores the myriad of ethical and social questions which urgently require answering before we blindly forego our very humanity. For organizations in the grip of disruption, self-driven or otherwise, Leonhard supplies visionary insights and concentrated wisdom that inform key decisions makers today. He was listed as one of the top 100 influencers in technology by Wired magazine in 2015. Leonhard’s clients include over 200 companies and organizations in more than 50 countries, including Google, UBS, Roche, WWF, Cisco, KPMG, Unilever, US Social Security Agency, the BBC, Universal Studios and the EU Commission.
• Bal Dail, Chairman of the Board and CEO, JDA. Prior to leading JDA, Dail was an operating partner at New Mountain Capital, a private equity firm based in New York. From 2005 to 2012, he served in a number of executive roles at Aon Corporation including CEO of Aon Hewitt and of Aon Consulting, COO of Aon Benfield, and CIO of Aon Corporation. Prior to Aon, Dail was a principal at McKinsey & Company focused on the high-tech sector. Dail started his career in the technology group at Marks & Spencer, a leading retailer in the United Kingdom, and he has also held leadership positions at JP Morgan, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, and Ford Motor Company.
• Razat Gaurav, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Chief Revenue Officer, JDA Software. Gaurav is responsible for leading JDA Industry Solutions, Product Management and Global Sales. Gaurav has been with JDA since 1999, most recently as EVP and General Manager of JDA’s Global Industries and Solutions where he led teams responsible for developing industry solution vision and product portfolio strategies, support and cloud operations. Previously he served as Senior Vice President, International and Strategic Initiatives, where he was responsible for driving sales in JDA’s EMEA, APAC and Latin America regions. He also managed JDA’s strategic initiatives around Flowcasting and the 3PL business. Gaurav has held a variety of global leadership positions during his tenure at JDA, i2 Technologies, and Ernst & Young.
With more than 60 sessions in eight content tracks, FocusConnect 2016 offers topics that are relevant to every supply chain professional. In addition, networking events and JDA Special Interest Group sessions will provide ample opportunities for knowledge sharing and peer networking.
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software (jda.com) is the leading provider of seamless supply chain planning and execution solutions for retailers, manufacturers, logistics providers and wholesale distributors. Our unmatched solution portfolio enables our clients to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve visibility so they can deliver on customer promises every time. More than 4,000 global customers run JDA, including 78 of the top 100 retailers, 78 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 8 of the top 10 3PLs. With JDA, you can plan to deliver.
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.