BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), a leading global medical technology company, today announced general availability of the latest software release of Pyxis™ ES System, delivering patient safety and workflow benefits for health systems’ medication management.
Key innovations and enhancements in the new software version include:
• Advanced server scalability and optimization to meet the needs of growing health systems with flexible deployment options and centralized database management features.
• Expanded return and waste processes to support patient safety and clinical efficiency with workflow, documentation and interface enhancements.
• Support for advanced half-height CUBIE™ drawers and pockets, bringing enhanced security and reliability to the flexible storage space and configurability options for which CUBIE technology is known.
• New Medication Label Module that can print a patient-specific medication label upon removal to support patient safety and compliance with Joint Commission requirements. Proper medication labeling can help reduce medication errors, missing doses, and waste caused by mislabeled, open multi-use medications.
• Enhanced server functionality to provide more flexibility through medication configuration and user permissions, plus improved reporting features. These features support system and data security as well as medication safety and standardization.
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center has been an early adopter of the latest Pyxis ES system release and has currently deployed the Pyxis ES System across four facilities in a highly complex IT environment.
“Migrating to an enterprise platform has provided us with a reliable and efficient architecture that has improved access to information and has had a significant impact on many of our processes, including the provisioning of users as well as formulary management,” said Michael Mohundro, senior director at Our Lady of the Lake. “We are leveraging the most innovative technologies to ensure patient safety is a key priority for our organization. Upgrading to the latest version of the Pyxis ES platform has become a seamless process with the support of the BD team, and this has given us access to the most advanced technology available.”
The Pyxis ES System is an enterprise-ready, scalable, web accessible platform specifically designed to improve medication management across the continuum of care. It is comprised of the industry leading Pyxis™ Enterprise Server, Pyxis MedStation™ ES system, Pyxis™ Anesthesia ES system and ancillary software solutions designed to help improve medication safety, streamline standardization efforts and reduce costs. BD is currently providing its enterprise-wide Pyxis ES solution to eight of the 10 largest integrated delivery networks (IDNs) in the U.S. as identified by IMS Health and HIMSS Analytics.
“Today, more than 1,000 health care facilities have adopted the Pyxis ES System, giving mainstream adoption to our medication management platform across large IDNs, hospitals and health systems,” said Ranjeet Banerjee, worldwide president of Medication Management Solutions for BD. “As our customers embrace enterprise-wide platform integration, we continue to innovate and evolve the Pyxis ES platform to ensure health providers can meet the growing regulatory demands, effectively integrate systems, reduce costs, all while continuing to improve quality of care.”
The Pyxis ES platform promotes a patient-centric healthcare model, leveraging healthcare information technology systems and Active Directory integration to enable a single health system formulary, simplified identity management and workflow enhancements. The platform enables pharmacists to manage medications remotely and eliminate redundant tasks. Nurses can readily access secured medications using safe, simple workflows centered on the patient.
For more information about the Pyxis medication management solutions, visit carefusion.com/.
BD (bd.com) is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD leads in patient and health care worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories. The company provides innovative solutions that help advance medical research and genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures, optimize respiratory care and support the management of diabetes. The company partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. BD has more than 45,000 associates across 50 countries who work in close collaboration with customers and partners to help enhance outcomes, lower health care delivery costs, increase efficiencies, improve health care safety and expand access to health.
Contact: Monique N. Dolecki - BD Investor Relations
P: 201-847-5378 - E: monique_dolecki[.]bd.com.