LoginRadius, Inc., a leader in cloud-based Customer Identity and Access Management (cIAM) solutions, today announced it’s making the Microsoft Azure cloud platform available as a standard offering as part of its cIAM platform. This provides LoginRadius customers with high platform availability, faster scaling, and easier compliance with local regulations.
LoginRadius has been using Microsoft Azure for its virtual machines, cloud data storage, and data services for the past four years. With the new LoginRadius Microsoft Azure offering, primary data storage for consumer data is provided exclusively on Microsoft Azure with backups on other platforms. This provides LoginRadius customers with a quality experience, including the flexibility to scale on demand with high availability and reliable uptime.
In today’s environment where the highest priority is given to securing consumer data, LoginRadius and Microsoft Azure ensure strict adherence to international regulations and compliance requirements around consumer data.
“Modern businesses require a cloud-based Customer Identity and Access Management solution to scale fast while staying in compliance with relevant privacy and security compliance requirements surrounding consumer data,” said Rakesh Soni, Co-founder and CEO, LoginRadius. “Our association with Microsoft enables businesses to comply with all major privacy regulations at both the local and international levels.”
“Cloud support is a cornerstone of Customer Identity and Access Management,” said Ryan McGee, senior product marketing manager, cloud platform, Microsoft Corp. “Microsoft is pleased that LoginRadius and its customers can benefit from the global scale of Microsoft Azure.”
Specific benefits of hosting the LoginRadius platform on Microsoft Azure are:
1. Scalability: With Microsoft Azure, LoginRadius customers can automatically scale up to support their users’ login activity through the Microsoft Azure auto-scaling feature that scales up once the customer hits 40 percent of their designated cloud capacity. In addition, LoginRadius can support tens of thousands of registrations and logins per second per customer and store more than 100 million user records for each customer.
2. High Performance: LoginRadius has already achieved an impressive 100 percent uptime record and will strive towards maintaining this record going forward along with reaching an API response time that is faster than 200 milliseconds.
3. PII Regulations Compliant: Microsoft Azure meets key industry standards such as ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27018, HIPAA/HITECH, FedRAMP, and SOC 1 and SOC 2. These are in addition to country-specific guidelines like EU Model Clauses, UK G-Cloud, Singapore MTCS and Australia CCSL.
4. Regional Data Storage: The global reach of Microsoft Azure with 20 datacenters spread across the world allows businesses to store data locally and comply with relevant privacy laws.
5. Go-to-Market Acceleration: LoginRadius customers can accelerate go-to-market timelines from several months to a few days with on-demand data storage, scaling, and simplified migration while avoiding large investments in datacenters.
“Our Microsoft Azure integration gives our customers access to a highly adaptive cloud infrastructure and helps them manage their peak user base, peak load, and scale their storage as their user base and applications grow,” said Deepak Gupta, Co-founder and CTO, LoginRadius. “Aligning efforts with Microsoft Azure allows us to fulfill our commitments to our customers.”
LoginRadius (loginradius.com) is a provider of cloud-based Customer Identity and Access Management solutions for mid- to large-sized companies. LoginRadius’ solution serves over 150,000 web and mobile applications with a monthly reach of 400+ million users worldwide. The company has been named an industry leader in cIAM space by Gartner and Computer Weekly.
The LoginRadius platform helps companies deliver a connected customer experience, build an integrated marketing ecosystem, and centralize customer data to define a unified profile and better manage their customer identities. Some of the key products include customer registration service, social login, profile segmentation, integration with third party marketing applications, user management, and customer insights.
The company is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with additional offices in the U.S. and India.