Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network communications, submitted a formal bid on a cable TV franchise agreement with the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State to bring its Kinetic television service to more than 50,000 homes, primarily across 13 North Carolina communities. The bid is part of Windstream’s ongoing effort to introduce faster Internet speeds and new technologies to customers.
Leveraging a 100 percent fiber-backed network, the total entertainment option will give users a wide array of features and the highest quality video entertainment. The more than 50,000 eligible residents will span communities that include Albemarle, Badin, China Grove, Concord, Harrisburg, Hemby Bridge, Indian Trail, Kannapolis, Matthews, Mooresville, Mt. Pleasant, New London and Oakboro.
Powered by the Ericsson Mediaroom platform, Kinetic delivers an innovative user experience by coupling fast, high-quality, interactive television with highly desirable features including:
• High Definition (HD) at no additional charge: Get the TV you love on the stations you know, many included in HD;
• Free Whole Home DVR: Watch and record up to four shows at once. Pause & play live TV;
• Wireless Set Top Box: Watch TV in any room without worrying about cable ports;
• Video On-Demand: Watch shows and movies from an extensive library of on-demand programming;
• Instant Channel Change: Surf channels with no lag between channel changes;
• Kinetic On The Go: Watch your favorite shows from anywhere using your computer, tablet, laptop or smartphone.
North Carolina, which includes the 13 communities that will have access to the service, will be the fourth Kinetic market following successful launches over the last two years in Lincoln, Neb.; Lexington, Ky., and Sugar Land, Texas. For more information, visit Windstream.com/KineticLaunch.
Windstream Holdings, Inc. (windstream.com), a FORTUNE 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice and digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 125,000 miles.