NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Farnborough, Hampshire, United Kingdom, 2016/07/19 - CFM International's industry-leading LEAP & CFM56 product lines remain the engines of choice for single-aisle aircraft, with the company announcing orders, service agreements for a total of 565 engines at the 2016 Farnborough Airshow - CFMAeroEngines.com. PAR: SAF | SAFRAN
• LEAP engine orders and commitments surpass 11,100 engines;
• CFM56 engines continue to sell very well.
CFM International's industry-leading LEAP and CFM56 product lines remain the engines of choice for single-aisle aircraft, with the company announcing orders, commitments, and long-term service agreements for a total of 565 engines with a value of $8.2 billion (including undisclosed customers) at the 2016 Farnborough Airshow.
"Our customers and their operations are always at the forefront of everything we do, from the technology we incorporate into our engines to the way we support the fleet," said Jean-Paul Ebanga, president and CEO of CFM International. "And we could not be more honored by the confidence they continue to show in our products. We have just produced our 30,000th CFM56 engine and still have a backlog of more than 2,900 still to be delivered. For our LEAP product line, it is incredible to realize that we have sold more than 11,100 engines even before we have delivered one to our first customer. This level of trust is humbling for us and we strive every day, by word and by deed, to earn it."
Highlights of the week include:
• AirAsia: 200 LEAP-1A engines;
• Air Europa: 40 LEAP-1B engines, along with a long-term services agreement;
• Asiana: 50 LEAP-1A engines, along with a long-term services agreement;
• AWAS: 20 CFM56-5B engines;
• CALC: 40 CFM56-5B engines;
• Standard Chartered: 20 CFM56-7B engines
• TAP Portugal: 83 LEAP-1A engines;
• TUI Group: 20 LEAP-1B engines;
• K. Royal Navy: 18 CFM56-7B engines for P-8A military aircraft
• WOW air: 8 CFM56-5B engines; plus the airline has chosen the LEAP-1A to power three leased A320/A321neo aircraft.
About CFM International
CFM56 and LEAP engines (cfmaeroengines.com) are products of CFM International, a 50/50 joint company between GE and Safran Aircraft Engines. CFM is the world's leading supplier of commercial aircraft engines, with more than 30,000 CFM56 engines produced and more than 11, 100 LEAP engines on order.