Moxa is pleased to announce that its rugged EXPC-1519 panel computer has received the stand-alone certification from UL, ensuring that the EXPC-1519 can operate safely in hazardous areas as defined by their respective standards: Class I, Division 2 for the North American standard, and Zone 2 for both the ATEX and IECEx standards. The certifications confirm that the panel computer is ideally suited for operation in oil & gas, petrochemical manufacturing, and other hazardous locations and industrial applications where explosive atmospheres may be present.
The EXPC-1519 panel computer can be used directly in the aforementioned explosive atmospheres without the need for additional, expensive enclosures. This allows users to save money and deploy their products faster. The key details of the standards are as follows:ATEX, IECEx Zone 2 certifications
• Type of Protection: Intrinsic Safety “ic” and Non-sparking “nA”
• Compliance with the IEC/EN 60079-0, IEC/EN 60079-11, and IEC/EN 60079-15 standards
• IECEx Markings: Ex ic nA IIC T4 Gc
• ATEX Marking : ATEXII 3 G Ex ic nA IIC T4 GcEXPC-1519 interface
• Ambient : -40°C to 70°C
Designed especially for use in oil & gas installations and other mission-critical applications, the EXPC-1519 features a 19-inch, 1000-nit sunlight viewable LCD with a projected capacitive multi-touch screen that can be used while wearing riggers gloves, offering operators a similar experience to using a consumer tablet, while enduring the most extreme industrial environments.
Key Features and Benefits
• Anti-scratch, 19-inch sunlight viewable, 1000-nit LCD panel
• High performance Intel® processor, Core™ i7-3555LE or Celeron 1047UE CPU
• Fanless design with highly efficient heat dissipation in environments up to 70°C
• Can boot up within 3 minutes without a heater at -40°C
• Completely sealed IP66 / NEMA 4X enclosure
• Dual AC/DC power supply
About Moxa: Your Trusted Partner in Automation
Moxa (moxa.com) is a leading provider of edge connectivity, industrial computing, and network infrastructure solutions for enabling connectivity for the Industrial Internet of Things. With over 25 years of industry experience, Moxa has connected more than 40 million devices worldwide and has a distribution and service network that reaches customers in more than 70 countries. Moxa delivers lasting business value by empowering industry with reliable networks and sincere service for industrial communications infrastructures.