• Sonus Cloud Link integrates Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition in a single appliance to save customers costs associated with server hardware and implementations.
• Delivers on-premises PSTN access and integrated management with the Cloud Connector Edition for easy migrations to Cloud PBX in Office 365.
• Sonus simplifies Skype for Business Cloud PBX adoption by maintaining an enterprise-wide legacy dial plan along with active directory dial plan integration.
Sonus Networks, Inc., a global leader in secure and intelligent Cloud communications, announced today support for Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition with Sonus Cloud Link, an intelligent, scalable, vendor agnostic solution enabling secure enterprise migration to Cloud PBX in Office 365. Sonus Cloud Link also supports Skype for Business hybrid Cloud deployments.
Microsoft’s Cloud Connector Edition is a hybrid offering consisting of a set of packaged virtual machines that implement on-premises Public Switch Telephone Network (PSTN) connectivity with Cloud PBX in Office 365. By deploying a minimal Skype for Business server topology in a virtualized environment, Cloud and on-premises users can send and receive calls with other endpoints through existing on-premises voice infrastructure.
Sonus Cloud Link integrates the Cloud Connector Edition application into a single, flexible and secure communications appliance that reduces enterprise server capital expenditure costs, while speeding time-to-market of Cloud PBX services. Sonus Cloud Link also preserves existing PSTN connectivity, supports analog devices and provides enterprise-wide legacy dial plan and active directory dial plan integration to help customers migrate to Cloud PBX in Office 365 at their own pace with no disruptive cutover. Powered by Sonus Session Border Controllers, Sonus Cloud Link delivers robust security features to prevent unauthorized access and preserve communications through hacker attacks.
“Sonus continues to provide enterprise customers with secure solutions that work seamlessly across the evolving Skype for Business platform,” said Giovanni Mezgec, General Manager, Office 365 Partner Marketing at Microsoft. “As a valued Skype for Business Infrastructure Partner, we are glad to see Sonus announcing this Cloud Connector Edition solution.”
“A quarter of all organizations use Cloud telephony,” notes John Burke, Principal Research Analyst and CIO at Nemertes Research. “Among those holding off running telephony and other Unified Communications apps in the Cloud, 61% cite security as the major impediment to deployment, up from just 28% the year prior. Solutions like this strike at the heart of IT’s concerns and should increase the number, reach, and speed of deployments.”
“From Lync to Skype for Business to Cloud PBX and Cloud Connector Edition, Sonus has experience supporting Microsoft’s advanced communications offerings,” said Mykola Konrad, Sonus vice president, Product Management and Marketing. “Sonus Cloud Link now offers a simple way for companies to move to Microsoft Cloud PBX in Office 365, while securely providing PSTN access.”
• According to T3iGroup’s August 2015 InfoTrack for Unified Communications Report:
- 76% of small and medium businesses in the U.S. estimate they will have deployed some form of Cloud-based telephony, whether a hybrid mix of Cloud and on-premises or completely Cloud-based, by 2018.
- The main driver of the transition to Cloud is the ability to move to an Opex model.
- Top concerns for the migration to the Cloud are related to support and security for remote workers and the management of multiple legacy PBXs on-premises.
• In addition to Sonus Cloud Link, Sonus’ SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 also support and can be used with the Cloud Connector Edition.
Tags/Keywords: Sonus, SONS, Cloud Link, SBC, Session Border Controller, Microsoft Cloud Connector Edition, CCE, Cloud PBX in Office 365, Hybrid Cloud, Skype for Business, SIP, TDM, PSTN Connectivity, Security.
Sonus (sonusnet.com) brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Cloud Exchange Networking Platform, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of Sonus’ most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.