• Barracuda announced immediate availability of anti-phishing and Advanced Threat Detection functionality for protection against targeted email attacks for customers of all sizes in on-premises and cloud-based environments.
• Barracuda is leveraging its global threat intelligence across all network threat vectors to provide comprehensive anti-phishing Link Protection and Advanced Threat Detection capabilities for its email security customers including protection against malicious, phishing and malformed URLs and targeted attacks spread through email attachments.
• The new Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 Email Security Edition includes anti-phishing and Advanced Threat Detection, making it a comprehensive and cost-effective solution to safeguard against targeted email attacks in Office 365 environments.
• Barracuda Email Security Service customers can benefit from the anti-phishing functionality at no additional charge, and they can add Advanced Threat Detection to existing subscriptions for a fee.
Barracuda today announced immediate availability of anti-phishing and Advanced Threat Detection security capabilities in its cloud-based email security solutions to protect customers from targeted attacks. The enhancements are available in all editions of Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 and Barracuda Email Security Service to protect against targeted attacks spread via email attachments, as well as Link Protection to safeguard against malicious, phishing and malformed URLs at click time. Barracuda also announced immediate availability of the new Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 Email Security Edition, which combines cloud-based email security and Advanced Threat Detection into a comprehensive email security bundle at a competitive price.
“Targeted attacks are becoming commonplace. Phishing is the most common starting point for an advanced multi-vector attack, making anti-phishing technology and education critical steps in enterprise security,” said BJ Jenkins, CEO & President at Barracuda. “Barracuda is in a position to see and aggregate threats across all vectors, which gives us a holistic view of the threat landscape. We are able to take this intelligence and update our security solutions in real time, which provides customers of all sizes with comprehensive protection against these targeted attacks at a competitive cost typically a benefit reserved for those organizations with budget and resources for sophisticated and complex technologies.”
Barracuda leverages its global threat intelligence across all network threat vectors including network, user, web applications, remote access, mobile and email. With more than 150,000 customers worldwide, Barracuda has a comprehensive view of the global threat landscape. The company aggregates its security intelligence into actionable information to provide comprehensive anti-phishing Link Protection and Advanced Threat Detection capabilities for its email security customers including protection against malicious, phishing and malformed URLs and targeted attacks spread through email attachments. Highlights of the new security capabilities include:
• Advanced Threat Detection combines behavioral, heuristic and sandboxing technologies to protect against rapidly evolving malware, and zero-hour and targeted attacks spread via email attachments. • Barracuda’s cloud-based ATD analysis framework combines threat intelligence gathered across multiple threat vectors, including email, networks, applications, web, mobile, and users, making it one of the most comprehensive in the industry.
• Link Protection safeguards users who do click on fraudulent or malicious links by ensuring that these links are opened in a safe sandbox. Link Protection is particularly useful for remote users who access email on mobile devices and might accidentally click on malformed URLs. Barracuda’s Link Protection technology identifies URL anomalies, blocks access, and notifies users of potential threats.
Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 Email Security Edition includes anti-phishing and Advanced Threat Detection, making it a comprehensive and cost-effective solution to safeguard against targeted email attacks in Office 365 environments. Barracuda Email Security Service customers can benefit from the anti-phishing functionality at no additional charge, and they can add Advanced Threat Detection to existing subscriptions for a fee.
“There's no question that managing security protections in the cloud - before they even hit our network - is the way to go, particularly as advanced threats continue to be a growing problem," said Michael Bolick, IT Manager at Specific Systems, a leading HVAC manufacturer in Tulsa, OK. "Being able to move our entire email security infrastructure to the cloud - and still have assurance that our users can safely access their email from any device without worrying about targeted attacks - is why we are so excited about replacing our on-premises Barracuda equipment with Barracuda’s cloud-based solutions.”
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 Email Security Edition, including anti-phishing and Advanced Threat Detection, is available today starting at U.S. list price $1.70 per user, per month.
Barracuda Email Security Service (cuda.co/essentials) is available today starting at U.S. list price $0.90 per user per month. Advanced Threat Detection subscriptions are available for U.S. list price $1.30 per user per month.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda (barracuda.com) simplifies IT with cloud-enabled solutions that empower customers to protect their networks, applications, and data, regardless of where they reside. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the potential benefits and functionality of Barracuda Essentials for Office 365, Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 “Email Security” Edition, and Barracuda Email Security Service. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company's control and that could cause the Company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company's business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company's products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.