NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Brea, CA, United States, 2016/02/02 - Moxa’s newly launched ThingsPro Suite is an integrated solution for distributed data acquisition and device management that can immensely simplify your Industrial IoT deployments - Moxa.com.
Built on an open Debian Linux platform, the ThingsPro Suite enables the integration of Modbus communications and device management, data acquisition and processing, and wireless networking, in a few simple steps.
Moxa, with its experience in Industrial IoT project installations over the past few years, is aware of the challenges companies have been facing while deploying Industrial IoT solutions. According to Ryan Teng, product manager, Moxa’s Embedded Computing Division,“For an Industrial IoT application, the value is in the data. Before the data can be used however, it must be gathered from thousands of devices. This is often a drain on engineering resources. ThingsPro Suite aims to provide a simple, integrated data-acquisition and device-management solution to speed up the development of these devices, thus shorten the time-to-market.”
Featuring the Data Logger and Wireless Manager utilities, ThingsPro Suite empowers users to focus primarily on their applications instead of the complex process of integrating the field devices with the applications in the centralized control facility. ThingsPro Suite is currently available with Moxa UC-8100-CG series computers.
ThingsPro Suite Highlights:
Ready-to-Run Data Acquisition Engine with Data-Logger Utility
• Data polling engine for Modbus/RTU and Modbus/TCP
• Modbus API to interface with user applications, providing greater programming flexibility
• Data logging software that can interface with remote databases, easing data acquisition
Ready-to-Run Connection with Wireless Manager Utility
• 4G communication enabled, to ensure that your 4G connection is always active
• Modbus protocol support for efficient communication with Modbus-based devices
• Network system log for easy troubleshooting
• VPN support for easy setup of remote VPN tunnels from a central server
• Ethernet/serial-to-cellular routing that helps connect all peripheral devices to the 4G network
UC-8100-CG Series Highlights:
Built for Industrial IoT environments
• ARM Cortex-A8 300 MHz / 1 GHz processor
• Reliable 4G-LTE performance certified by Verizon and AT&T
• Support for Verizon and AT&T Private Networks
• Patented Secure Boot technology to safeguard the Linux kernel
• Secure data transmission from the edge devices to the central core using MQTT and SSL
• -40 to 70°C wide operating temperature range
About Moxa: Your Trusted Partner in Automation
Moxa (moxa.com) is a leading provider of industrial networking, computing, and automation solutions for enabling the Industrial Internet of Things. With over 25 years of industry experience, Moxa has connected more than 30 million devices worldwide and has a distribution and service network that reaches customers in more than 70 countries. Moxa delivers lasting business value by empowering industry with reliable networks and sincere service for industrial communications infrastructures.