CDK Global announced today that Cox Automotive has expanded its participation in CDK Global’s Third-Party Access (3PA) Program, improving the ability for dealers across the country to do business more effectively, efficiently and securely. The agreement between the two companies, Cox Automotive and CDK Global, was possible because both companies worked collaboratively with two end goals in mind: to allow dealers the ability to access the data they rely upon to run their operations; and to ensure that dealers are able to access and manage that data in a reliable and secure way.
“At CDK, we understand that an ecosystem exists where our dealer clients utilize many third-parties for a variety of services,” said Bob Karp, president, Automotive Retail North America at CDK Global. “The 3PA Program was built to enhance integrations, allow secure data access and provide transparency to the types of data being utilized. We believe that allowing data to flow in a consistent, secure and transparent fashion is beneficial to dealers across the industry. Cox’s participation in the 3PA Program demonstrates our joint interest in supporting a responsible ecosystem for all dealers.”
“We are pleased to be working with CDK to enable deeper integration of data to help dealers run their dealerships more effectively,” said Mark O’Neil, chief executive officer, Cox Automotive Software Group. “We are committed to ensuring that our mutual dealer clients have uninterrupted access to the solutions they rely on today.”
Cox Automotive’s offerings available to dealers through the 3PA Program include:
• Service offerings for both Xtime and ServicePro, including appointments and inspection;
• CRM offerings for VinSolutions and Dealertrack;
• Inventory merchandising and analytics via vAuto, HomeNet, Dealer.com and KBB;
• Marketing Services from VinSolutions and Dealertrack;
• Dealertrack F&I offerings, including Desking and Menu.
CDK’s 3PA Program helps provide dealers with choices, while helping third parties integrate seamlessly into the CDK Drive system. Specifically, the program helps dealers by:
• Helping to prevent the corruption of data: When data corruption occurs, it can be costly and time intensive to fix. Vendors certified by the 3PA program have protocols in place to help make sure data integrity remains intact and dealers can focus on their day-to-day operations.
• Managing secure access: Using a CDK-approved interface, dealership employees can spend less time doing unnecessary data entry and benefit from increased security.
• Improving data syndication transparency: Dealers can also actively monitor access to their data and see where their data is being syndicated.
About CDK Global
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global™ (cdkglobal.com) is the largest global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail industry and adjacencies. CDK Global provides solutions in more than 100 countries around the world, serving more than 27,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global’s solutions automate and integrate critical workflow processes from pre-sale targeted advertising and marketing campaigns to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive, Inc. (coxautoinc.com) is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim®, Autotrader®, Kelley Blue Book®, Dealertrack®, vAuto®, Xtime®, NextGear Capital® and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of more than $17 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group.
Contact: Lou Laste
P: 678-492-2737 - E: Louis.laste[.]coxautoinc.com.