Forgetting to order electricity, carpeting, display tables, insurance and failing to submit a company description for the Show Guide, are examples of mistakes businesses often encounter when introduced to exhibiting at trade shows; most of these planning oversights cost a premium to fix on-site! TradeShow Teacher, LLC , a boutique Tradeshow Consulting firm in Miami today announces that Linda Musgrove, the TradeShow Teacher will be presenting a course on “Navigating the Exhibitor Kit” during this year’s Exhibitor Show in Las Vegas on March 29th from 8:00am - 9:30am, to supply attendees with strategies & checklist guides for easily:
• Navigating & Organizing the colossal amount of paperwork from the Exhibitor Kit
• Learning when to SAVE TIME – OR – SAVE MONEY
• Locating Additional Promotional Opportunities
• Locating Restrictions that Affect Booth Activities & Promotional Planning
• Creating a Show Planning Guide Checklist you can immediately apply; track responsible parties, meet deadlines, guide yourself through the planning and logistics tasks step-by-step and more.
The 90 minute long presentation will teach attendees how to identify and take advantage of the information and opportunities presented in Exhibitor Kits they receive when exhibiting, which vary from Show to Show. Attendees will learn how to spot and exploit additional promotional opportunities, how to create and manage show planning check lists and what it takes to work with and around possible restrictions affecting booth activities and promotional programs.
The session is broken down into the following seven Essential Learning Components:
1. Familiarize Yourself with the Exhibitor Kit sent from Show Services: Understand the “Standard” items that appear in every Exhibitor Kit you will receive & identify “Extras” you will come across.
2. Organize the Clutter: Learn how to create a Show Planning Binder to keep all of the important paperwork sent from Show Services in order & easily accessible. Discover a system for dividing the Binder into defined sections & which area to place the various paperwork you receive.
3. Learn when to SAVE TIME – OR – SAVE MONEY when Ordering Services: Most Exhibitors are responsible for staying within a budget; this section will teach you how to maximize the dollars you spend, by learning strategies that will save you money on these services.
4. Learn where to Find Additional Promotional Opportunities: Every show offers a wide variety of FREE promotional opportunities that are often overlooked; these include, but are not limited to Press Release Templates to announce you’re Exhibiting at the show, Media list to schedule appointments, Best of Show Award to apply for and so on. These are in addition to the Marketing items you may have already purchased from the Show Sales Executive!
5. Learn where to Find the Restrictions for your Exhibit: To effectively plan for exhibiting & what will occur in the booth, it is imperative that you understand the restrictions determined by Show Management & the Show Hall beforehand; this section will make you aware of the various types of restrictions you may come across & where to find them.
6. Meet those Deadlines: Learn how to create a standard Show Planning Spreadsheet Template, which can be used for each show you exhibit at; to meet your planning deadlines, as well as track responsible parties & can easily incorporate the deadlines sent from Show Management.
7. Registering your Booth Staff: Most shows define a certain number of badges allotted to Exhibitors & their Booth Staff; learn where to locate this information & the various methods you will come across for registering your Exhibitors.
“Trade Shows are an incredibly powerful way for Exhibitors to find and communicate with prospects and clients,” said Linda Musgrove, the TradeShow Teacher, “it is unfortunate how often businesses fail to maximize that potential! This course is complimentary to the mission of TradeShow Teacher, LLC, which is to help businesses fully understand, manage and exploit all the options for success that a Trade Show provides!”
“The importance of really understanding and making use of the Exhibitor Kits is a very important part of the Trade Show planning process”, said Dee Silfies, Chief Learning Strategist from the ExhibitorShow 2007. “We are excited that the TradeShow Teacher has joined our faculty and will be sharing this ROI increasing advice to the attendees of this seminar.”
The Exhibitor Show is being held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center from March 25 – 29, 2007, providing Trade Show/Exhibit/Event Managers, Marketing Communications Managers, Directors of Marketing, Marketing Managers, Sales Managers and Trade Show/Exhibit/Event Coordinators with over 200 Sessions, including hands-on Workshops, in-depth Case Studies, Author Presentations, over 300 Exhibitors and much more!
About Linda Musgrove, the TradeShow Teacher
Linda Musgrove (tsteacher.com) is President of the Miami based Trade Show Training & Consulting firm, TradeShow Teacher, catering to businesses Nationwide. She has taught many companies, over the years, how to improve their Trade Show Results through Educational Trade Show Marketing Programs for Trade Show producers to offer, as well as individuals, departments or entire teams and with the Trade Show Training Manual she authored, titled: Trade Show Training for Increased Return On Investment.
The TradeShow Teacher has spoken at many Trade Shows, covering a wide variety of industries; offering sessions consisting of Booth Staff Training, How to Obtain Qualified Leads, How to Follow Up with Leads to Increase Post Show Sales and Post Show Reporting Strategies to Measure ROI & Enable Exhibit Program Growth and MORE! Most recently, she presented at the Internet Telephony Expo & South Florida Real Estate Expo and will be a speaker/faculty member at the leading Trade Show Industry shows, TS2 and Exhibitor 2007, as well as at upcoming educational Exhibitor Fast Track Sessions, produced by Exhibitor Magazine. She is also on the Faculty of a South Florida Business School, teaching a Marketing Course and the Vice President of BNI Aventura (Business Network International).
About Exhibitor 2007
The recognized leader in Trade Show and Corporate Event Marketing Education, EXHIBITOR Magazine Group publishes EXHIBITOR magazine – best practices in Trade Show Marketing; and Corporate EVENT magazine – Case Studies of strategic event marketing. EXHIBITOR is producer of EXHIBITOR2007 – the premier education and learning conference for Trade Show and Corporate Event marketers, which sponsors CTSM (Certified Trade Show Marketer) professional certification; GRAVITY FREE: 2007 Multidisciplinary Design Innovation Conference; and EXHIBITORFastTrak – the accelerated learning conference for exhibit and corporate event marketing professionals. Its award-winning web site, ExhibitorOnline.com, is the industry’s most comprehensive online resource.