The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile industry, today announced the addition of 5 new industry leaders to its Global Board of Directors as well as renewals of a number of members for another term.
Elected by the MMA’s global membership, new board members will serve a two-year term beginning immediately. The new board members and re-elected board members include:
• Pete Blackshaw, Global Head of Digital Marketing & Social Media, Nestle (NEW)
• Susan Canavari, Chief Brand Officer, JP Morgan Chase (NEW)
• John Costello, President, Global Marketing & Innovation, Dunkin’ Brands
• Tom Daly, Group Director, Global Connections, The Coca-Cola Company
• Amit Gupta, Co-Founder, InMobi
• Sanjay Gupta, Executive Vice President Marketing, Innovation & Corporate Relations, Allstate Insurance Company (NEW)
• Jack Haber, VP, Global Advertising & Digital, Colgate-Palmolive Company
• Peter McGuinness, Chief Marketing & Brand Officer, Chobani (NEW)
• Dipanshu “D” Sharma, Founder & CEO, xAd
• Andrew Sherrard, Chief Marketing Officer, T-Mobile (NEW)
• Wanda Young, VP, Media & Digital Marketing, Walmart
Stephen McCarthy, CFO, xAd has also been appointed as new Treasurer.
“These impressive additions to the Global Board are a testament to the MMA’s pivotal role in leading the mobile industry and helping marketers leverage mobile as core to their business and marketing strategies,” said John Costello, Chairman of the MMA Global Board and President of Global Marketing and Innovation at Dunkin’ Brands. “Each member brings a wealth of experience as marketing innovators and I am excited to work side-by-side with them to drive against our agenda and continue to deliver increased value to our diverse global membership.”
Continuing board members, whose terms were not up for re-election include:
• Michael Baker, President & CEO, DataXu
• B. Bonin Bough, Chief Media and eCommerce Officer, Mondelēz International
• Cameron Clayton, President, Product & Technology, The Weather Company
• Luis Di Como, SVP, Global Media, Unilever
• Carolyn Everson, VP, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
• Peter Hamilton, CEO, Tune
• John Kosner, EVP & General Manager, Digital & Print Media, ESPN
• Ilonka Laviz, Digital Marketing Director, Global eBusiness, Procter & Gamble
• Neal Mohan, VP, Display Advertising Products, Google
• Alex Moukas, CEO, Velti
• Jack Philbin, Co-Founder & CEO, Vibes
• John Trimble, Chief Revenue Officer, Pandora
“I’m honored to work with such an outstanding group of leaders on our Global Board of Directors,” said Greg Stuart, CEO of the MMA. “The stellar composition of the entire board is a reflection on the indisputable power mobile has to transform and build competitive advantage for the world’s largest and most forward-thinking advertisers. I look forward to working with each board member to aggressively drive against MMA’s mission to support marketers as they expand and effectively execute against their mobile marketing and business strategies.”
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA (mmaglobal.com) is the world’s leading global non-profit trade mobile marketing association comprised of more than 800 member companies, from nearly fifty countries around the world. Our members hail from every faction of the mobile marketing ecosystem including brand marketers, agencies, mobile technology platforms, media companies, operators and others. The MMA’s mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Anchoring the MMA’s mission are four core pillars; to cultivate inspiration by driving the innovation for the Chief Marketing Officer; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for the marketing organizations through fostering know-how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and advocacy. Additionally MMA industry-wide committees work collaboratively to develop and advocate global best practices and lead standards development.
Mobile Marketing is broadly defined as including advertising, apps, messaging, mCommerce and CRM on all mobile devices including smart phones and tablets. Members include: American Express, AT&T, Colgate-Palmolive, Dunkin’ Brands, Facebook, Ford Motor Company, Foursquare, Google, Group M, Hewlett Packard, Hilton Worldwide, iHeartMedia, Johnson & Johnson, Kellogg Co., MasterCard, McDonalds, Mondelez International, Inc. Pandora Media, Pinterest, Procter & Gamble, Razorfish, R/GA, Starcom Worldwide, The Coca-Cola Company, The Weather Company, Unilever, Visa, VEVO, Vodafone, Walmart, xAd and many more. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations in Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC).