Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced a partnership with SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable hybrid IT infrastructure management software. Under the terms of the partnership, Percona will provide SolarWinds® Database Performance Analyzer (DPA) for MySQL with its Percona Server® software and associated support and services.
Percona® offers software solutions, as well as support, consulting and managed services to help enterprises maximize database application performance, eliminate performance issues, and scale their database deployments. SolarWinds DPA for MySQL offers database administrators, application developers and operations teams enterprise-grade database performance tuning, metric visibility and resource correlation based on a unique wait-time analytics approach to help improve the performance of corporate, cloud and SaaS applications from within a single management dashboard.
• Percona will provide SolarWinds DPA for MySQL along with Percona Support and Percona Care Services.
• Key features of SolarWinds DPA for MySQL include:
- Wait-time analysis, resource and response time correlation for Multi-Dimensional Performance Analysis™, and history and dynamic baselines.
- A single management dashboard provides visibility across on-premises, cloud and hybrid IT environments.
- A comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources, and storage I/O enables database managers to quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
• SolarWinds DPA for MySQL supports a mix of database engines and deployment options, including MySQL, Oracle®, SQL Server®, DB2®, SAP ASE, VMware®, AWS® EC2™, RDS and Azure™ agentless architecture.
• Percona has the option to sell additional SolarWinds products, including SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor, SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor, SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor, and others.
Gerardo Dada, Vice President of Product Marketing, SolarWinds
“We’re delighted to be partnering with Percona, a recognized performance expert for MySQL. The visibility SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer provides to application teams and its ability to pinpoint performance problems is truly unique. We believe this joint partnership will help both our users achieve maximum performance for their applications.”
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona
“SolarWinds DPA for MySQL provides customers with another way to optimize their database and application performance and reduce their hardware investments. When they need additional support, Percona will be there 24x7x365 with the most knowledgeable MySQL experts in the industry.”
Media Contact: Nicole Fachet - Text100
P: 212-871-3950 - E: NicoleF[.]text100.com.
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona (percona.com) is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL and MongoDB across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems®, Time Warner Cable®, Alcatel-Lucent™, Groupon®, and the BBC®, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Data Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
SolarWinds (solarwinds.com) provides powerful and affordable hybrid IT infrastructure management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500® enterprises to small businesses, government agencies and educational institutions. We are committed to focusing exclusively on IT Pros, and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. Regardless of where the IT asset or user sits, SolarWinds delivers products that are easy to find, buy, use, maintain, and scale while providing the power to address all key areas of the infrastructure from on premises to the Cloud. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our thwack® online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design and thwack are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be or are intellectual property of their respective companies.
© 2015 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.