NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
San Antonio, TX, United States, 2007/03/20 - ClearOne Communications, Inc., (OTC: CLRO.OB) the global provider of audio conferencing products, has been selected by Frost & Sullivan as the recipient of their 2007 Product Line Strategy Award.
This Award is presented each year to a company that has demonstrated the most insight into customer needs and product demands within their industry, and has optimized its product line by leveraging products with the various price, performance, and feature points required by the market.
Frost & Sullivan noted that ClearOne is now firmly focused on developing and marketing a broad and comprehensive portfolio of best-in-class audio conferencing products, from professional audio systems, through to tabletop products and VoIP personal conferencing PC peripherals. Along with ClearOne's effort to expand its channel presence, these significant strategic changes now place ClearOne in a much stronger position, both to take on its competitors and also to exploit the growing global demand for versatile voice-based collaboration products.
Frost & Sullivan also lauded ClearOne's strategy in expanding its portfolio, leveraging its technology leadership in the professional audio space with its market-leading XAP®, Converge™ 560/590, and upcoming Converge Pro product lines, and introducing products such as:
• Chat™ 50, the personal conferencing speaker phone that offers a perfect complement to VoIP softphones and other applications on PCs, as well as multiple other connection options including connecting to cell phones.
• Chat 150, ClearOne's newest offering, which connects to enterprise telephones and delivers high-performance conference phone capability, and also connects to PCs and video conferencing systems.
• The MAX® and MAXAttach™ line of wired and wireless conference phones, which are differentiated from competitive products with their unique ability to daisy-chain multiple phone units together for unmatched room coverage, and MAX Wireless and MAXAttach Wireless, the industry's first truly wireless tabletop conference phone offerings.
• MAX IP and MAXAttach IP, ClearOne's SIP-based VoIP conference phones that offer interoperability with a wide variety of leading VoIP platforms, and offer the same unique daisy-chain capability.
• The RAV product line, which carefully balances the quality and functionality of the professional XAP product set with the ease of installation and use of the MAX tabletop product family.
"Having successfully re-focused the company on audio conferencing and achieved its goals in designing and bringing to market this comprehensive portfolio of products, ClearOne has now established itself as one of the world's leading providers of voice communications products," said Dominic Dodd, senior industry analyst, Frost & Sullivan. "The breadth and depth of its product range allows it to meet the needs of both the largest corporate client and the smallest SoHo customer, and reach both - and all between - through its expanding distribution channel structure."
"Frost & Sullivan's 2007 Product Line Strategy Award is the acknowledgement of the success of ClearOne's customer-focused product strategy," said ClearOne President and CEO, Zee Hakimoglu. "With our expanded product offering, we are enabling audio conferencing and collaboration in more applications than ever, as we continue to enhance our industry-leading audio technologies that deliver a natural collaboration environment."
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, a global growth consulting company, has been partnering with clients to support the development of innovative strategies for more than 40 years. The company's industry expertise integrates growth consulting, growth partnership services and corporate management training to identify and develop opportunities. Frost & Sullivan serves an extensive clientele that includes Global 1000 companies, emerging companies and the investment community by providing comprehensive industry coverage that reflects a unique global perspective and combines ongoing analysis of markets, technologies, econometrics and demographics.