• Sonus SBC 5000 Series, SBC 7000 and SBC Software edition (SWe) Session Border Controllers (SBC) Release 5.0 generally available.
• Simplifies interworking with BroadSoft and Microsoft UC applications.
• Bridges WebRTC world to SIP infrastructure.
Sonus Networks, Inc., a global leader in enabling and securing real-time communications, announced today the general availability of the Sonus SBC 5000 Series, SBC 7000 and SBC Software edition (SWe) Session Border Controllers (SBCs) Release 5.0. This update provides new revenue opportunities for wireless service providers, offers Unified Communications (UC) migrations and broadens enterprise video interworking.
Release 5.0 decreases the complexities around interworking multi-vendor wireless and UC applications and features:
• Enhanced revenue for service providers with wireless VoLTE interconnect;
• Interworking with BroadSoft’s BroadWorks® and BroadCloud® offerings;
• New service support for SIP to WebRTC interworking;
• Lower migration costs by reusing existing customer equipment with Microsoft Lync 2010/2013 video relay; and
• Element Management Application (EMA) enhancements with simplified single sign-on and broader browser support, decreasing costs and increasing customer service.
“SIP-based Unified Communications are accelerating globally,” said David Tipping, Sonus vice president and general manager, Products. “Sonus’ Release 5.0 simplifies deployments and broadens SBC interworking capabilities, allowing customers to rapidly unlock the cost savings Unified Communications brings at scale.”
Tags: Sonus Networks, SONS, Session Border Controller, SBC, SBC 5000 Series, SBC 7000, SBC Software edition, SBC SWe, WebRTC, BroadSoft, Element Management Application, EMA, SIP, VoLTE, Voice over LTE, Unified Communications, UC
Sonus (sonus.net) brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) capabilities, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of Sonus’ most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.