.conf2015 - Splunk, Inc., provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, today announced accelerated momentum in Industrial Data and Internet of Things (IoT). The trend is driven by Splunk’s continued investment in its products and partner ecosystem as well as the creativity of customers and the flexibility to deploy Splunk IoT solutions as software, cloud services or in a hybrid environment. Customers are using Splunk® solutions to collect and correlate data from control systems, sensors, mobile devices and IT systems for a variety of Industrial Data and IoT use cases. These use cases include operational efficiency, predictive maintenance, industrial cybersecurity and asset analytics.
“It has been great to see the success our manufacturing teams are achieving with Splunk solutions,” said Saul Llamas, manufacturing test engineering manager, Zebra Technologies. “Our teams have been able to bring value to their own operations by using Splunk Enterprise and its powerful data collection, analytics and visualization capabilities to improve manufacturing quality, customer experience and ultimately our products.”
Attendees of .conf2015, the 6th Annual Splunk Worldwide Users’ Conference, will be able to attend several Internet of Things sessions, including:
• Robotics Analytics at Target: Discover why Target Distribution Centers utilize Splunk Enterprise to analyze and gain insights from machine data generated by robotic and automated systems.
• Cloud, Wearables and IoT: Find out how Orion Labs leverages Splunk Cloud to ensure performance and gain analytics from Internet-connected accessories.
• Using Splunk Software to Harness Zebra’s Manufacturing Data: See how Zebra Technologies is gaining new insights into its manufacturing environment by collecting and analyzing machine data taken from the manufacturing floor.
• Splunking Wind Turbines: How INFIGO implemented Splunk solutions to analyze and visualize data generated by Koncar’s wind farms and alert teams to issues with wind turbines.
• Splunking Race Cars: Discover what insights can be gained when Splunk employees take a connected car onto a racetrack.
New Splunk Enterprise 6.3 features and community and partner apps further expand the applicability of Splunk solutions for Industrial and IoT use cases. New features include the HTTP event collector to collect IoT data at scale, new customer alert actions to trigger custom data-driven actions in third-party applications and the Machine Learning Toolkit and Showcase (preview) for advanced analytics. Splunk also has a wide-ranging ecosystem of partners in the Internet of Things including Bluvision, Carvoyant, Citrix Octoblu, CQCloud, DGLogik, Falkonry, Kepware, N3N, Wizcore and Xively by LogMeIn, all of which are demonstrating technology or solutions at .conf2015.
“From trains, planes and automobiles to manufacturing floors, our customers are leading the way with their innovative use of Splunk solutions for Industrial Data and Internet of Things,” said Snehal Antani, chief technology officer, Splunk. “The Internet of Things transforms the way organizations leverage machine data and gain insights from it. The product investments that we have made along with our growing IoT ecosystem will further expand Splunk’s role in these use cases and accelerate the value realized from Splunk solutions.”
About Splunk, Inc.
Splunk, Inc. (splunk.com) is the market-leading platform that powers Operational Intelligence. We pioneer innovative, disruptive solutions that make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. More than 10,000 customers in over 100 countries use Splunk software and cloud services to make business, government and education more efficient, secure and profitable.
Splunk, Splunk>, Listen to Your Data, The Engine for Machine Data, Hunk, Splunk Cloud, Splunk Storm, SPL, Splunk MINT Express and Splunk MINT Enterprise are trademarks and registered trademarks of Splunk Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective owners. © 2015 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.
Investor Contact Information: Ken Tinsley - Splunk Inc.
P: 415-848-8476 - E: ktinsley[.]splunk.com.