NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
San Ramon, CA, United States, 2015/09/17 - The continuous-availability leader’s latest product offering overcomes migration and upgrade challenges facing all enterprise Hadoop big data deployments - WANdisco.com. LSE: WAND
WANdisco the leading provider of continuous-availability software for global enterprises to meet the challenges of Big Data, today announced WANdisco Fusion Migrator™. This separately licensed edition of WANdisco Fusion focuses specifically on eliminating the multiple days of downtime, data loss and business disruption that normally accompany Hadoop migrations and upgrades, and make vendor lock-in difficult to overcome.
WANdisco Fusion Migrator enables migration between different vendors’ Hadoop platforms, as well as upgrades to the latest version of the same Hadoop platform to take place while operations in both the old and new clusters continue uninterrupted.
Migrations or upgrades across multiple clusters and data centers any distance apart can be done in a rolling, staggered fashion. Data, users and applications move between the old and new environments in a phased approach. Applications can be tested in parallel in the old and new environments to validate functionality and performance. If network or server outages occur during migration or upgrade, WANdisco Fusion Migrator offers the same built-in recovery features as standard WANdisco Fusion.
“Without question WANdisco Fusion Migrator is critical for enterprises that can no longer accept the downtime and data loss associated with Hadoop migrations and upgrades,” said David Richards, WANdisco CEO and Co-Founder. "Business disruption and the pitfalls of vendor lock-in are no longer concerns with WANdisco Fusion Migrator.”
WANdisco Fusion Migrator leverages the same patented replication technology as the full-function WANdisco Fusion product that delivers:
• Local network speed read/write access to the same data across all locations regardless of distance, with support for selective replication to enable compliance with data locality regulations faced by global enterprises;
• 100 percent use of all compute resources to eliminate spending on idle backup hardware;
• The ability to ingest and analyze data immediately and in parallel across all locations;
• Cluster zoning to maintain quality of service for all users at the lowest possible cost by isolating the most resource-intensive applications to zones of high-end servers best suited to support them, without requiring expensive servers throughout the entire deployment;
• Seamless integration with no vendor lock-in between Hadoop clusters running on a mix of storage systems across multiple data centers any distance apart.
WANdisco Fusion and WANdisco Fusion Migrator are available now.
On Tuesday, October 6 at 2 pm. PDT, 5 pm. EDT, WANdisco will host a webinar,“Hadoop Migration and Upgrade without Downtime or Data Loss.” For the EMEA and APAC regions this webinar will be repeated on Thursday, October 8 at 9 am. BST. Register for the webinar now at wandisco.com/webinars.
WANdisco (wandisco.com) is a provider of enterprise-ready, non-stop software solutions that enable globally distributed organizations to meet today’s data challenges of secure storage, scalability and availability. WANdisco’s products are differentiated by the company’s patented, active-active data replication technology, serving crucial high availability (HA) requirements, including Hadoop Big Data and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), including Apache Subversion and Git. Fortune Global 1000 companies, including Juniper Networks, Motorola, and Halliburton, rely on WANdisco for performance, reliability, security and availability.
Contact: Megan Nemeh - SHIFT Communications
E: mnemeh[.]shiftcomm.com - P: 415-591-8409
Apache Hadoop and Subversion are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation (ASF). All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.