NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Indiana, PA, United States, 2007/03/16 - Quintech Electronics and Communications Inc. has announced that they will display the new XRM 2250 modular, hot swap L-band matrix switching system.
This RF matrix is designed with a telecom-grade 3-Stage redundancy switching architecture for enhanced signal integrity. The auto re-route feature, in the event of a fault in the signal path, automatically re-routes around the fault using the same port. Built In Self Test (BIST) has been incorporated for continuous monitoring of RF signal levels, signal path integrity, power supply status, fan speed, temperature and more. The XRM offers truly effortless hot swap component cards with front panel access for fast & easy card replacement (<15 seconds) with no tools or cable removal. A complete 32x32 matrix is contained in a 6 U chassis. Systems are expandable up to 512x512. Systems have been deployed worldwide by governments and telecom industry leaders for their mission critical applications.
Features & Benefits
• 3-stage RF matrix switch architecture with multiple redundant RF paths for automated re-routing in the event of a crosspoint fault
• Monitors incoming RF level from the signal source to the input of the switch to facilitate system troubleshooting
• SNMP trap alarms provide warnings and detailed information about RF & powering faults
• Hot swap component cards for fast & easy replacement (less than 30 seconds) with no tools or cables
• Compact, modular design - 32x32 in 6U, expandable to 512x512
• Input attenuation for balancing input levels to maximize isolation
• Access control with password protected user accounts, port access assignment & keypad lockout
• Serial & Ethernet control: RS232, RS422, RS485, TCP/IP, Telnet & SNMP
• Monitored, redundant, hot swap power supplies for reliable powering.
Quintech will be displaying their matrix in their booth (#C7848) at NAB 2007 in Las Vegas.
Quintech (quintechelectronics.com) designs and manufactures state-of-the-art proprietary hardware solutions (DC to 40 GHz) to facilitate broadband RF signal management for complex cable HFC headends, satellite teleports, broadcast, wireless and military telecommunications networks. Quintech specializes in telecom-grade RF/ Microwave products for broadband cable, satellite L-band and Intermediate Frequency.