On September 21st, FundingPost is hosting a panel discussion with leading Angel Investors at its “Angels in Philadelphia” event, sponsored by Wolf Block with the support of the PA Angel Network and PA Investors Forum. While most Investor events deal with Venture Capitalists, this event will give early-stage companies a chance to meet local Private Investors. The FundingPost Event Calendar and registration information are available online.
After Angel Investing series of events in 2005, FundingPost is kicking off its Angel event series again this year in Philadelphia. The panelists for the event include:
• Chris Starr, Managing Dir /VP Investments, Innovation Philadelphia & Mid-Atlantic Angel Group (MAG)
• Ellen Weber, Executive Director, Robin Hood Ventures
• Michael Shoemaker, Angel Investor, Lancaster Angel Network
• Stuart Shapiro, Angel Investor, LORE
• Mike Zisman, Angel Investor, NY Angels
• Alan R. Kraus, Senior Dir, Investment Group, Ben Franklin Technology Partners
• Moderator: David Gitlin, Chair Corporate/Securities, Wolf Block
Following the breakfast presentation, companies will have the opportunity to “pitch” the entire panel and additional Angels. “It’s a rare and great opportunity for a start-up to get to spend 15 minutes pitching a room full of Angels and Seed Investors,” said Joe Rubin, Director, FundingPost. “After the ‘bubble’ burst a few years ago, Angel investors shied away from these opportunities. We now see many Angel Investors coming back in full force looking for great ideas.”
For over three years FundingPost has worked with thousands of Angel and Venture Capital Investors and Entrepreneurs. With over 2,500 CEOs and 400 Venture Funds attending events in 15 cities nationwide; a quarterly Dealflow magazine; and a deal-exchange website that has, on average, seen an introduction of an Investor to an Entrepreneur every business day since its inception; FundingPost believes that it is important to reach investors in every medium possible - both online and offline, and is experiencing strong growth as the venture capital markets continue to improve worldwide.