The future of the Internet of Things is happening now. PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) today announced LiveWorx 2015, the only conference to bring together hundreds of real-world success stories with the IoT. Hosted by PTC and ThingWorx and sponsored by industry leading technology and solution providers, the event will be held May 4-7, 2015 in Boston, MA. To learn more about LiveWorx 2015, click here.
LiveWorx 2015 is designed as a global industry event for IoT leaders who are shaping the future of this technology and are transforming businesses in order to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace. PTC and ThingWorx are uniting industry pioneers and revolutionary ideas to feature groundbreaking technology demonstrations, offer keynotes from industry experts and invite business leaders to share stories of transformation.
• Steve Wozniak, co-founder Apple and inventor of the Apple II computer
• Charles D. Baker, Governor of Massachusetts
• Dr. Michael Porter, Harvard Business School and co-author of Harvard Business Review article,“How Smart, Connected Products are Transforming Competition”
• Jim Heppelmann, President and CEO, PTC and co-author of Harvard Business Review article,“How Smart, Connected Products are Transforming Competition”
• Tom Hopcroff, President & CEO, Mass Technology Leadership Council, Inc.
LiveWorx 2015 will host its First Annual Internet of Things Hackathon May 2-3 at the Engineering Product Innovation Center (EPIC), Boston University. Participants will put their technical expertise to the test as they crack IoT challenges, wire up prototypes and devices, pitch groundbreaking IoT solutions and build apps for smart city, accessibility and smart agriculture on the ThingWorx®IoT platform. Finalists will compete for cash prizes and will have the opportunity to present their innovations on stage to 2,000 event attendees. Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak will award the ultimate prize as he crowns the LiveWorx 2015 IoT Hackathon champions. Entry into the IoT Hackathon is open to the public and free of charge. Visit here to register.
Benefits of attending LiveWorx 2015:
• Learn new approaches to connecting, manufacturing, operating and servicing “smart products” through demonstrations of groundbreaking IoT technology and updates on the latest product capabilities and business models;
• Access more than 50 sessions hosted by technology and business leaders sharing their challenges and success with a broad range of IoT topics, including analytics, big data, security, connected health, global connection and deployment strategies;
• Connect with our partners, the industry experts who will share practical, implementable ideas for IoT success;
• Build a community with fellow IoT industry pioneers as you shape the future of IoT.
“The Internet of Things bridges the digital and physical worlds to enable a new reality that is fundamentally transforming the way we create, operate, and service products and systems,” said Jim Heppelmann, president and CEO, PTC. “Our goal is for LiveWorx 2015 is to bring together the community of industry pioneers defining the future of the IoT. This event will be the world’s largest gathering of companies, partners, implementers and visionaries dedicated to building and shaping the new IoT world.”
About ThingWorx, a PTC Business
ThingWorx, a PTC (thingworx.com | axeda.com | PTC.com) business, provides the first platform designed to efficiently build and run the applications of today's connected world. ThingWorx, the centerpiece of PTC’s Internet of Things (IoT) technology portfolio, combines capabilities from Axeda to deliver the world’s first complete IoT Platform, which includes connectivity, device cloud, business logic, big data, analytics and remote service applications. The combination delivers a comprehensive IoT technology stack that enables companies to securely connect assets, quickly create applications, and innovate new ways to capture value. Companies already leveraging this technology to capitalize on the potential of the IoT represent a wide range of markets, including manufacturing, energy, agriculture, transportation, and government.