Showcase.Pro this month highlights .pro websites owned by Professional Engineering firms. Engineers are using .pro for distinctive branding and search engine marketing, providing them a competitive edge over other technical engineering firms.
"We pursued a dual branding approach with dot pro", says Bryan Robertus PE, President of Advanced Electronic Designs of Bozeman, Montana. “First we secured "aed.eng.pro", which clearly identifies our brand and our association with the engineering field. We could never get our initials in the dot com space. We also secured "advanced.pro for email use, which is easy for people to remember."
Engineers and technicians can choose from an engineering-branded address, available only to licensed engineers (PE), such as aed.eng.pro, or from the generic .pro address, for search engine marketing to specific industrial markets, such as advanced.pro.
The Engineering-oriented .pro websites highlighted by Showcase.pro this week, include:
1. Aed.eng.pro (aed.eng.pro and advanced.pro). Advanced Electronic Design, located in Bozeman, Montana.
2. Sparks.eng.pro (sparks.eng.pro). Sparks Engineering, located in Katy, Texas.
3. Jedson.eng.pro (jedson.eng.pro). Jedson Engineering, located in Milford, Ohio.
4. Fpa.eng.pro (fpa.eng.pro ). French & Parrello Associates located in Holmdel and Wall Township, New Jersey.
“A .pro address is perfect for branding a Professional Engineering Services firm,” says Tom Barrett, President of EnCirca, sponsor of Showcase.pro. “Professionals can also use .pro to secure targeted search engine keywords for their internet marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) programs. For example, a petroleum services firm in Texas might register “Texas-eng-pro”, and “refinery-expert.pro” to reach their target customers.”
Targeted professionals include: architects, certified financial analysts, certified financial planners, dentists, educators, lawyers (law.pro), human resource experts, insurance agents, Medical doctors (med.pro), nurses, nutritionists, optometrists, pharmacists, physician assistants, professional engineers (eng.pro), physical therapists, podiatrists, psychologists, public relations professionals, realtors, veterinarians, accountants (cpa.pro).
Showcase.Pro is a website sponsored by EnCirca, focusing exclusively promoting websites using the .pro extension. There are two types of .pro domains:
1. Generic. These are second level domains, such as technician.pro, available to anyone on a first-come, first-served basis via EnCirca’s ProForwarding leasing service.
2. Profession-specific. These are third level domains, such as repairexpert.eng.pro, available only to licensed professionals in the following forms:
• eng.pro – for licensed engineers;
• law.pro, bar.pro and jur.pro – for licensed lawyers;
• cpa.pro and aca.pro – for licensed accountants;
• med.pro – for medical doctors.
EnCirca (encirca.pro) is an ICANN-accredited Registrar founded in 2001 and is the leading Registrar for the .pro domain, operated by RegistryPro, an Internet registry exclusively for professionals who wish to brand and promote themselves on the Internet.
All company names, trademarks and service marks are the property of their owners.