Shortlisted by Kentico executives and voted for online by the public, The Kentico Site of the Year Awards seeks out the best implementations from the thousands of websites launched worldwide by their 1,100 global partners. There are winners across 13 key categories, as well as an overall global winner.
This year, the accolade of Global Winner went to beloved international tea experts, Twinings. Built by UK based agency Ridgeway, both Twinings’ trade and consumer sites are managed under a single Kentico login. The website layers an easy-to-maintain Content Management System with e-commerce functionality and Kentico’s Enterprise Marketing Solution to reduce time to manage and maximize customer engagement. Working in line with 3rd party systems for enterprise planning and delivery, Kentico offers an end-to-end efficiency that is truly showcasing why Kentico is becoming the platform of choice for e-commerce clients.
“We are thrilled by the recognition and very proud of the hard work that Twinings, Ridgeway and Kentico have put into making this an e-commerce system for others to aspire to,” said Simon Lassam, Managing Director at Ridgeway. “Only the Kentico system would have allowed us to translate Twinings’ ambitious business goals into fully supported technical solutions that look stunning and are easy for the e-commerce team to manage.”
The website showcases Twinings’ extensive range of teas, confectionary and giftware with stunning photography through responsive, mobile optimized design to ensure it offers a compelling e-commerce experience for their loyal customers across devices. Behind the scenes, Twinings can not only easily manage promotions, but use the analytics and multi-variate testing tools to ensure that their content is completely optimized for maximum sales.
In the site’s first month of going live, transactions, revenue and number of page views have all significantly increased, resulting in an overall increase in loyalty and sales.
Other Kentico winners include DATA, Inc. for the site it developed for The National MS Society, which won both Best Nonprofit Organization Site and Largest Site, as well as Australia-based Get Started, which was awarded for both Metricon Home Builders (Best Consumer Goods Site) and Deakin University Student Association (Best Education Site).
“Judging by all of this year’s Site of the Year entries, this was an especially exciting year for web development and a difficult one to judge,” said Petr Palas, CEO and founder of Kentico. “Ridgeway should be very proud of the compelling, personalized, and unified experience they created for Twinings’ loyal customers just as we’re proud that we were able to provide them with everything that they needed under one system at a reasonable cost.”
The complete list of 2014 winners:
• Standard categories (selected by public voting):
• Best Business Services Site: Two Men and a Truck (Create Studios, Australia)
• Best Community/Social Media Site: SPAR Inspiration (Clyral, South Africa)
• Best Consumer Goods Site: Metricon Home Builders (Get Started, Australia)
• Best E-commerce Site: Twinings (Ridgeway, UK) (twinings.co.uk)
• Best Education Site: Deakin University Student Association (Get Started, Australia)
• Best Financial Services Site: Audi Finance (Adrenalin Media, Australia)
• Best Food and Beverage Site: Mr Kipling (Monochrome Ltd, UK)
• Best Government and Municipal Site: Monteleone di Spoleto Eventi (KB Solutions, Italy)
• Best Healthcare Site: University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC Web Services, US)
• Best Mobile Site: DuoCircle (4Hilton, US)
• Best Travel/Events Site: Amelia Island (SilverTech, Inc., US)
• Best Nonprofit Organization Site: The National MS Society (DATA, Inc., US)
• Best Graphic Design: Oxfordshire Business Awards (Ridgeway, UK).
Special categories (selected by Kentico):
• Best Cloud Deployment: IMG Models (Bit-Wizards, US)
• Best Integration: National Lottery Ireland (i3 Digital Ltd, Ireland)
• Best Kentico EMS Implementation: Księgarnia Świętego Wojciecha (Bookstore of St. Adalbert) (Supremo, Poland)
• Best Migration: Move and Improve (Lighthouse Web Solutions, US)
• Best Intranet: Translink Intranet (Joost) (TrueLime, Netherlands)
• Largest Site: The National MS Society (DATA, Inc., US).