• Newest version of Cloud Access Manager enables secure and convenient access to the applications users require, when they need them;
• Leverages Dell’s new Security Analytics Engine to marry contextual information with enforcement capabilities, making access appropriate every time, all the time;
• New social and mobile authentication capabilities offer the convenience users desire with the security IT requires.
Dell today announced the release of Dell One Identity Cloud Access Manager 8.0, which leverages Dell’s new Security Analytics Engine to give organizations control of web-based applications and OpenID Connect-compliant mobile application access activities within the organization. This control improves security and enables easier, appropriate access across a wide range of application types and access scenarios. Adding new social and mobile authentication capabilities, Cloud Access Manager gives users secure and convenient access to the broadest range of both legacy and emerging applications, while providing IT with the security and control it requires.
Cloud Access Manager 8.0 addresses a number of customer pain points. Organizations today typically have a highly diverse user population as well as partners and customers who require access but are completely outside of IT’s control. All of these users require instant, always-on access to a variety of applications on-premises, cloud-based and mobile and IT must be able to provide this access with unparalleled security that enhances business agility, while still protecting critical corporate assets and data.
The evolution of both the user and the application requires an evolution in the way organizations approach access management and security. They must switch from traditional approaches addressing point-in-time risk and security implemented in silos, to an adaptive approach focusing on contextual security that ensures access is appropriate in real-time, while moving security from a productivity barrier to a business enabler.
Cloud Access Manager 8.0 adds powerful, adaptive control to its already extensive access control over activities across the organization, empowering better, more accurate access decisions
Cloud Access Manager provides unified single sign-on that includes federation and legacy authentication types, along with the capabilities of Dell’s Security Analytics Engine to execute security in context the "who, what, where, how, and why" of access activities and adjust enforcement to ideally suit the situation. Dell’s Security Analytics Engine correlates this contextual information with enforcement capabilities to make all access appropriate every time, all the time, and without hindering productivity for an ever-evolving user who continues to access applications in new and more complex ways. New features in Cloud Access Manager 8.0 include:
• Security Analytics Engine: Performs run-time risk evaluations that help companies scale security based on situational context, ensuring appropriate access for the right situations at the right time. Included with Cloud Access Manager 8.0 at no extra charge;
• Social Authentication: Further addresses user password fatigue for customers who wish to enable single sign-on through a user’s social media properties, including Google, Microsoft Live ID, Facebook and Twitter;
• OpenID Connect Protocol Support: Enables support for modern web and mobile applications using this next-generation identity protocol based on OAuth 2.0;
• Microsoft Certification: Cloud Access Manager has been validated by Microsoft as part of their "Works with Office 365" Identity Partner Program.
• Cloud Access Manager 8.0 is available immediately;
• Dell’s Security Analytics Engine is offered at no added cost to Cloud Access Manager 8.0 customers;
• Dell solutions are available through the channel.
John Milburn, executive director, Identity and Access Management, Dell Security
"To maintain secure access at all times, it is critical for IT to have a view of the context surrounding access activities, including access policies, time of day, and manageability of the device. When changes in context occur, access security can be adapted in real time. Because our newest version of Cloud Access Manager leverages the security in context capabilities of Dell’s Security Analytics Engine, our customers get a powerful view of the access activities across their organization. The business can ensure access is appropriate every time, all the time, and users can focus on being productive."
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell’s "Power to Do More" by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Dell, Inc. (dell.com) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.