SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT performance management software, today announced recent growth achievements for its federal government business, including the opening of its new office in the heart of the Dulles Technology Corridor, and team growth of nearly 50 percent throughout 2014.
“For years, SolarWinds has been helping federal government agencies tackle critical IT management challenges such as increasingly complex networks, perilous cybersecurity threats and restrictive budgets,” said David Kimball, Group Vice President - Federal, SolarWinds. “Our new office is a testament to our focus on serving the federal government and the contractors that support them. We’ve planted roots, grown our team, and developed critical relationships with federal IT pros to ensure we continue to address their ever-changing challenges and needs.”
To better serve its federal customers, including those in nearly every branch of the DoD and the majority of civilian and intelligence agencies, SolarWinds has opened a new office in Herndon, Virginia at 2250 Corporate Park Drive, Suite 210, which hosts much of the fast-growing company’s federal government team.
Meet the SolarWinds Federal Team and enjoy complimentary appetizers and cocktails at an Open House at the new Herndon office Tuesday, March 3 from 3:00-6:00 pm. EST. Please RSVP to attend.
SolarWinds’ federal team grew 47 percent throughout 2014, adding employees in sales engineering, channel management, sales, marketing and other roles. The business participated in dozens of government events worldwide and hosted a Federal User Group, which will be repeated in 2015 with events in Austin, Texas and Washington, D.C. in February and March, respectively.
2014 Government Industry Awards:
• Government Security News’ 2014 Homeland Security Awards named SolarWinds User Device Tracker a winner for Best Continuous Monitoring Solution and awarded finalist distinctions for SolarWinds® Log & Event Manager for Best Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM) Solution and SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager for Best Compliance/Vulnerability Assessment Solution.
• AFCEA named Ed Bender, SolarWinds’ lead federal systems engineer, as “Overall Best of Show” for his presentation during the 2014 AFCEA International Cyber Symposium.
• CIO Review included SolarWinds as one of their 20 Most Promising Government Technology Solution Providers for 2014.
• FedScoop included David Kimball as a nominee in the 2014 FedScoop50 Awards for industry leadership.
SolarWinds was established in 1999 and celebrated its 15th anniversary last year. The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas and employs more than 1,700 people worldwide in 11 offices including Cork, Ireland; Singapore; Chennai, India; Sydney, Australia; and Brno, Czech Republic.
SolarWinds serves countless government agencies including U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Department of Homeland Security, Department of Transportation, Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Marines, NASA, and U.S. Navy. Through partnerships with DLT®, Atlantic Digital, Sterling Computers, and more, SolarWinds provides powerful and award-winning technology to federal IT professionals.
SolarWinds Solutions for Government:
• SolarWinds software is available on the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule, Department of Defense ESI, and other contract vehicles.
• U.S. Government certifications and approvals include Army CoN, Air Force APL, Navy DADMS; and Technical Requirements include FIPS compatibility, DISA STIGs, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance, and Common Criteria • EAL 2 Certification, Section 508 VPATs.
• SolarWinds also has hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet requirements of all major auditing authorities, including DISA STIG, FISMA, NIST, and more.
• SolarWinds’ thwack® online user community provides a number of out-of-the-box compliance report templates available to download for free that are designed to help users prepare for an inspection. thwack also provides information on Smart Card and Common Access Card (CAC) product support.
For more product and GSA pricing information and for a fully functional free trial of all above products, visit the SolarWinds Government Solutions page.
SolarWinds (solarwinds.com) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our thwack online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Mobile Admin, Kiwi CatTools, Kiwi Syslog, DameWare, Web Help Desk and thwack are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be or are intellectual property of their respective companies.
© 2015 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
Media Contact: Katie Hanusik - Speakerbox PR
P: 703-287-7824 - E: khanusik[.]speakerboxpr.com.