To help companies and organizations take advantage of modern mobile technologies, Oracle has delivered a new, simplified user experience for its PeopleSoft Financials and PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management solutions within PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 10. The PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface (PeopleSoft Fluid UI) included in PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 10 provides an intuitive and responsive user experience that is optimized across multiple platforms including smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Many new features and functions take advantage of the PeopleSoft Fluid UI to provide employees, managers, and executives with a familiar native user experience that helps maximize productivity and effectiveness while reducing the need for training.
“Regardless of role, all enterprise application users expect simple-to-use and intuitive solutions,” said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle’s PeopleSoft Applications. “The PeopleSoft team’s latest effort delivers new features in PeopleSoft Financials and PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management that take advantage of PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface. These should positivity impact user efficiency and satisfaction.”
In addition to the new PeopleSoft Fluid UI, the latest update to PeopleSoft Financials and PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management also provides a range of enhancements including transaction simplification, embedded analytics, and compliance support. The PeopleSoft Selective Adoption model, enabled by the PeopleSoft Update Manager, makes these latest enhancements available to PeopleSoft 9.2 customers at the time of their choosing, without the need to upgrade, lowering the total cost of ownership and accelerating the delivery of valuable features to users.
Ease of Use with Robust Functionality
PeopleSoft Financials and PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management deliver best-in-class financial and supply chain functionality that helps organizations increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and lower cost of ownership. With the new PeopleSoft Fluid UI, customers can benefit from:
• Improved user engagement: PeopleSoft Fluid UI delivers a new PeopleSoft navigation paradigm that includes tiled role-based home pages for cash managers, procurement operations, project managers, and more, as well as a new navigation bar that presents information in a way similar to consumer mobile applications, driving user adoption by providing instant access to key areas of the solution.
• Personalization and configurability: Users now have the ability to tailor their PeopleSoft application to look and work the way they want, across all devices, within seconds. User-configured reporting criteria enables “manage-by-exception” that is unique to each user.
• Unified approvals: PeopleSoft Fluid UI enables managers to quickly approve transactions from across the enterprise including financials and procurement transactions such as expense reporting, requisitioning, and cash flow management through any device.
• Faster decision-making: Managers and users can view and analyze real-time financial, project, and procurement data remotely on mobile devices to help make strategic decisions quickly, based on the latest relevant information.
• Anywhere, anytime access: Users can complete everyday tasks such as entering expense reports and time sheets from their mobile devices. Managers can also take advantage of mobile features, including monitoring cash positions, project health, and supplier performance, regardless of location.
• Latest technology: PeopleSoft Fluid UI is enabled through the latest rendering technologies including HTML5 and CSS3 delivered in PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.54.
Additional capabilities available in the latest update for PeopleSoft Financials and PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management solutions include:
• WorkCenters: Expansion of PeopleSoft’s powerfully efficient WorkCenter framework continues across the PeopleSoft solution, including newly introduced WorkCenters for expenses, resource management, and more.
• Supplier 360-degree view: Users can now access a single page from which they can see information about a supplier needed to address tactical and strategic business issues and challenges. Users can personalize and share reports via the new PeopleSoft Configurable Analysis framework.
• Supplier collaboration: A comprehensive supplier portal offers suppliers a centralized portal from which they can access key information in PeopleSoft financial and procurement applications.
• Actionable insights: With numerous embedded analytics available through pivot grids (AR Items by Status, AR Aging, and Minimum Future Lease Obligation, for example) and intuitive new dashboards such as the Accounts Receivable dashboard, users gain real-time insights to make more-informed decisions.
• Activity guides: Activity guides help users simplify key processes and accelerate business transformations. The guides lead users visually through multistep processes such as contract and grant awards setup; help them monitor and manage progress, turnaround, and completion times; and more.
• Regulatory compliance support: The latest update introduces significant foundational enhancements in preparation for upcoming regulatory standards changes, including revenue recognition for PeopleSoft Contracts and PeopleSoft Project Costing as well as lease accounting for PeopleSoft Asset Management and PeopleSoft Real Estate Management.
“Here at Kansas City Power & Light, we are looking to expand our mobile capabilities in the future,” said Eddy Halter, director of procurement, Kansas City Power & Light. “Being able to create, review, and approve transactions sourced from PeopleSoft via a smartphone or tablet would definitely be a benefit for our organization.”
“Cardinal Point is excited about the new features in PeopleSoft Financials 9.2 Update Image 10 that enable the mobile workforce and improve the user experience, particularly enhancements that harness the power of the PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface technology, like the project manager home page,” said Bill Gibbard, managing director, Cardinal Point Solutions. “We also appreciate Oracle’s continued dedication to its superiority in features, including functionality to help customers who are preparing for their adoption of recent changes in revenue accounting standards.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Simon Jones - Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.