ArcSoft, a global leader of image-intelligent technologies, today announced the immediate availability of its Face Recognition technology included, as a beta, in simplicam® powered by Closeli®. Setting the stage for a completely connected home, simplicam is the first and only home monitoring Wi-Fi video camera with both Face Detection and Face Recognition capabilities, enabling unprecedented privacy features such as choosing to automatically delete footage if a specific person is recognized, and the ability to set alerts only if an unrecognized person is in the home. Later this month, simplicam will also include Detection Zones, enabling users to customize motion and face alerts based on specific areas of a room.
The new Face Recognition Manager in the Closeli app allows users to register and store up to 10 people at a time. After a two-minute setup, users can configure privacy settings for each individual and customize notifications, choosing to receive alerts when a specific registered person or an unrecognized person is in the house. The app can be set to automatically save or delete footage based on who is home. In addition, the free Closeli app update with Face Recognition includes a feedback button that allows users to provide feedback directly from within the app. Ideas, suggestions and feedback from users may be included in future versions of the product.
“ArcSoft is a pioneer in Face Detection and Face Recognition technology, and we are excited to bring this expertise to the connected home. When we released simplicam powered by Closeli earlier this year, we got invaluable feedback from customers and press. Now, new and current users can provide us with feedback directly from within the Closeli app that may be incorporated into the product,” said Caroline Tien-Spalding, Senior Director of Marketing, ArcSoft.
simplicam powered by Closeli sets up easily on a smartphone in less than three minutes. Users can enjoy live, 720p HD video and motion/sound notifications through the free Closeli app on their mobile devices, or on the web via a Mac or PC. Premium Closeli Recording Services provide enhanced features, such as recording in the cloud, easy editing and sharing options and unique Face Detection and Face Recognition technology.
simplicam powered by Closeli what’s included:
• Simple setup via the free Closeli app (Android or iOS): Users can activate the camera via Wi-Fi network from a smartphone or tablet (no PC needed!) in less than three minutes. A USB cable is also included if users want to set up the camera on a PC or Mac.
• Watch anywhere: From an iPhone, iPad, Android phone, tablet or computer via the Closeli mobile app or at Closeli.com. Every detail is available on the go in 720p HD video quality.
• Smart & secure: simplicam customizes the user experience based on preferences and lifestyle.
- Schedule on/off times so the camera is only on when no one is home.
- Remotely turn on/off from anywhere using the app.
- Video is always SSL encrypted, so recorded footage stays secure.
• Motion & sound detection: Users receive notifications on a smartphone or computer if movement is detected or noise is heard. If the camera goes offline, Closeli will also send an alert.
• Mounting options: Every simplicam camera comes with a 10-foot USB power cord and a wall mount, making it easy to position on a bookshelf, entertainment center or in the top corner of a room.
Closeli Recording Services
Closeli’s cloud-based recording plans provide users with the following upgrades:
• Face Detection notifications that flag when someone is home.
• Face Recognition notifications that identify who is home.
• Unrecognized people alerts.
• The option to automatically delete video if a specific person is home.
• Detection Zones that customize motion and face alerts to specific areas of a room (available end of January).
• Continuous video recording in the cloud.
• The ability to save favorite clips and watch them anytime, anywhere.
• Editing and sharing of recorded video directly from a smartphone via email or social media.
Closeli Recording Plans:
• 1 day recording $49.99/year or $4.99/month.
• 11 day recording $139.99/year or $13.99/month.
• 21 day recording $229.99/year or $22.99/month.
Availability and Pricing
simplicam® powered by Closeli® (simplicam.com) with Face Recognition will be available as a beta immediately. simplicam users that are currently in trial or signed up for Closeli Recording Services will be able to experience the feature for free by updating their Closeli app in the app store. For users not already subscribed to Closeli Recording Services, Face Recognition and Face Detection are included with any Closeli Recording Service plan, which start at $4.99/month. simplicam powered by Closeli is available for $149.99
ArcSoft (arcsoft.com) is the global leader in imaging intelligent technology. Now in our 20th year, our world-class Intelligent Imaging™ enables visual ‘thinking' capabilities in more than 1 billion of today’s most popular smartphones.
ArcSoft is the creative team behind a line of innovative consumer products including Perfect365®, the world’s most popular FREE portrait enhancement and makeup app for iPhone, Android, and Windows phones.
For our device partners in computers, digital cameras, the hottest wearables, TVs, home appliances and cloud storage, we provide a full line of advanced imaging solutions including face and object recognition/detection, content-based analysis for pictures and video, studio-quality image and video enhancement. Our corporate customers and partners include many of the world’s leading OEMs and chip manufacturers, including companies like Amazon, Samsung, Nikon, Olympus, Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Lenovo, Sharp and Qualcomm.
© 2014 ArcSoft, Inc. All rights reserved. ArcSoft, simplicam, and Closeli are either registered trademarks or trademarks of ArcSoft, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ArcSoft reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.