Rovi Corporation is exhibiting a variety of solutions that are designed to deliver next-generation content guidance and discovery, as well as business performance solutions for service providers, content providers, broadcasters, programmers and consumer electronics companies. The exhibit hosts visits by hundreds of customers annually and also hosts Rovi’s Annual Investor Day and Industry Analyst Breakfast coinciding with International CES in Las Vegas, January 6-9, 2015.
Customers, other business partners or media interested in meeting with Rovi may contact Rovi at CES2015[.]rovicorp.com, or meet Rovi executives at their various events at CES listed below.
Rovi’s exhibit and customer announcements will cover its core business areas of guidance, search and recommendations, metadata and analytics solutions that lead the industry in terms of market penetration, marquee customers and technical leadership. Among the highlights, new Rovi demonstrations at CES this year include:
Rovi Fan TV IP Video Platform
• Rovi will demonstrate linear and over-the-top (OTT) delivered video on an integrated platform with next-gen user interface (UI) guidance and all-new DVR capabilities. The experience will be augmented by dynamic metadata powered by Rovi’s Knowledge Graph and advanced search and recommendations.
• Rovi will demonstrate its conversational interfaces that allow natural language conversation for search and navigation on televisions and other video screens. Powered by Rovi’s semantic Knowledge Graph, conversational interfaces are the next generation of voice interfaces and are expected to see commercial deployments in 2015. Rovi will also demonstrate voice-enabled capabilities using off-the-shelf wearable devices to power existing set-top-boxes.
Rovi Knowledge Graph
• Rovi’s Knowledge Graph is the only source of truly dynamic learning contextual metadata in the industry driving hyper-personalized user experiences in an anytime-anywhere video world. Rovi will showcase its capabilities in search and recommendations, conversational interfaces and next-gen guidance solutions.
Audience Analytics Solutions
• Rovi analytics solutions provide relevant viewing information about unique targeted audiences to programmers and advertisers over traditional broadcast systems. The predictive analytics and targeting allow higher monetization and audience engagement for programmers, service providers and advertisers.
Rovi will also host its annual Investor Day and Industry Analyst Breakfast and participate at various engagements during CES:
• Rovi will be exhibiting at Pepcom’s Digital Experience! in Las Vegas on Monday, January 5, from 7 pm. to 10:30 pm. PT in The Mirage Events Center (MEC) at the Mirage Hotel.
Rovi Investor and Analyst Day
• Rovi’s Investor and Analyst Day will take place on Wednesday, January 7. At this meeting the company plans to provide an update on the business.
Rovi Analyst Day
• Rovi’s annual Industry Analyst Breakfast will cover Rovi’s content discovery and interactive program guides, advanced conversation services, entertainment metadata, and audience analytics solutions. The breakfast takes place at 8:30 am. PT on Thursday, January 8.
• Rovi’s Chief Marketing Officer, Sam Vasisht, is a featured speaker on the panel “From Startup to CE Sensation” taking place on Monday, January 5 at 10:15 am. PT in the Las Vegas Convention Center, Room N261.
• Bob Ivins, senior vice president, business development, Rovi, will participate on the panel “Smart Content: Making Sense of Analytics in the Age of OTT” at the 2nd Screen Summit at 2 pm. PT on Monday, January 5, at the Encore at Wynn Las Vegas.
About Rovi Corporation
Rovi (rovicorp.com) is leading the way to a more personalized entertainment experience. The company’s pioneering guides, data and recommendations continue to drive program search and navigation on millions of devices across the globe. With a new generation of cloud-based discovery capabilities and emerging solutions for interactive advertising and audience analytics, Rovi is enabling premier brands worldwide to increase their reach, drive consumer satisfaction and create a better entertainment experience across multiple screens. Rovi holds over 5,000 issued or pending patents worldwide and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “will” or “is expected to,” or similar words that describe the Company’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals, are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in the Company’s most recent report on Form 10-Q for the period ended September 30, 2014, and such other documents as are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time (available at sec.gov). The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.