• The Sonus SBC 7000 Session Border Controller (SBC) receives Microsoft Lync 2013 Qualification, making it the highest capacity Lync Qualified e-SBC solution on the market.
• Featuring 10 GB interfaces with capacity for up to 150,000 Lync sessions, the SBC 7000 is the ideal solution for the core of any service provider or large enterprise planning an extensive deployment of Lync Enterprise Voice.
• The SBC 7000 enables service providers and enterprises to interwork and secure UC communications as they migrate to SIP and SIP trunks.
• Sonus has a track record of delivering products and solutions that securely enable Microsoft Lync Voice deployments and is recognized as a Microsoft Gold Communications Partner.
Sonus Networks, Inc., a global leader in enabling and securing real-time communications, today announced that the Sonus SBC 7000 Session Border Controller (SBC) has achieved Microsoft Lync 2013 Qualification.
The qualification of Microsoft Lync 2013 for the SBC 7000 gives service providers and large enterprises the ability to deploy the industry’s highest scaling SBC up to 150,000 sessions with fully enabled security, media and transcoding features in Lync Voice environments. The SBC 7000 delivers capacity without compromise by offering customers advanced functionality to support emerging services such as high definition (HD) voice and video.
As a Microsoft Gold Communications Partner, Sonus proactively architects its products and solutions to fit the unique security, interoperability and scalability requirements for successful adoption of Lync Enterprise Voice into new and existing voice and PBX environments. Sonus SBCs are installed between the internal Lync Enterprise Voice networks and SIP trunking services at the network border. Integrating these powerful network devices into Lync deployments enables secure, simplified real-time communications such as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and video.
With solutions spanning from the network core to branch office locations, Sonus delivers the most comprehensive SBC portfolio to secure and enable real-time communications. All Sonus SBCs are Lync 2013 Qualified inclusive of the Sonus SBC 1000, Sonus SBC 2000, Sonus SBC 5110, Sonus SBC 5210, SBC 7000 and Sonus SBC SWe (Software edition).
“We are pleased that Sonus’ SBC 7000 Session Border Controller has achieved Lync 2013 Qualification,” said Giovanni Mezgec of Lync Product Marketing at Microsoft. “As a Gold Communications Competency partner, we look forward to Sonus continuing to help enterprises of all sizes to maximize their Lync Enterprise Voice deployments by offering a broad portfolio of solutions to secure and enable real-time communications.”
“Microsoft Lync has changed the way companies collaborate and communicate,” said David Tipping, vice president and general manager, Products, Sonus. “Receiving Microsoft Lync Qualification for the Sonus SBC 7000 gives service providers, large enterprises and contact centers peace of mind about securing their network in a cost-effective way, while simultaneously enabling employees to communicate through instant messaging, collaboration, conferencing, voice and video globally.”
• The SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 are Microsoft Lync 2013 Qualified in several categories, including, SBC, Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA), E-911 ELIN gateway and enhanced gateway.
• The SBC SWe, SBC 5110, SBC 5100, SBC 5210 and SBC 5200 SBCs are Microsoft Lync 2013 Qualified for SBC deployment.
• Sonus is positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers,” published October 21, 2013 by Garter, Inc.
Tags/Keywords: Sonus, SONS, Microsoft, Microsoft Lync, Lync Enterprise Voice, Unified Communications, UC, SIP, Session Border Controller, SBC 7000
About Sonus Networks
Sonus (sonus.net) enables and secures real-time communications so the world's leading service providers and enterprises can embrace the next generation of SIP and 4G/LTE solutions including VoIP, video, instant messaging and online collaboration. With customers in more than 50 countries and nearly two decades of experience, Sonus offers a complete portfolio of hardware- based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), policy/routing servers and media and signaling gateways.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The statements contained in this release and statements that Sonus may make orally in connection with this release that are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties and investors are directed to the risks discussed in documents filed by Sonus with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
P: +1 617-986-5784 - E: Siobhan_Nguyen[.]lpp.com.
Louise Andrews - EML Wildfire
Cheryl Tan - Cohn & Wolfe