• Barracuda Web Application Firewall earned a five-star rating in the SC Magazine Application Security Product Group Test review.
• Barracuda Web Application Firewall has been designated a Best Buy from SC Magazine.
• Barracuda Web Application Firewall is for organizations looking to protect web applications from data breaches and defacement. To read the full review, please visit cuda.co/sc600.
SC Magazine praised Barracuda Web Application Firewall for its ease of installation and superior functionality with an excellent price point. “The Barracuda Web Application Firewall was easy to set up. After we removed it from the box, we easily installed it into our server rack using the included rack-mount hardware,” the review stated. “The appliance comes with great built-in functionality and requires minimal configuration to integrate into the network. It has a well thought out web GUI, which allowed us to smoothly access and implement firewall policies.”
Additionally, SC Magazine was “pleased” with the ability of Barracuda Web Application Firewall “to generate reports at the click of a button.” The review also highlighted distinct security features by stating,“A unique characteristic of this device was the ability to obfuscate sensitive data, such as credit cards, SSNs and also custom user-specified strings.” SC Magazine also gave Barracuda Web Application Firewall a Best Buy verdict, stating,“For its easy installation and superior functionality at an excellent price point, we make this our Best Buy.”
“We are pleased to see the Barracuda Web Application Firewall has received both 5-star and Best Buy ratings from SC Magazine,” said Stephen Pao, GM Security, Barracuda. “This recent review highlights Barracuda’s ability to help budget- and staff-constrained customers to affordably protect the web application threat vector, where web servers are often left open to attack with only a network firewall in place.”
Highlighted features of Barracuda Web Application Firewall include:
• Protection from Application Attacks: Protects against OWASP Top 10 attacks, including SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), and Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF).
• Application-Layer DDoS Protection: Applies automated botnet detection, source IP reputation and risk assessment techniques including application-centric thresholds, protocol checks, session integrity, and anomalous idle time detections.
• Granular Identity and Access Management: Ensures security and privacy with strong authentication and access control capabilities by restricting access to sensitive applications or data to authorized users.
• Intuitive Administration & Management: Easily integrates with best-of-breed security tools to ensure easy deployments into existing environments while providing granular logging, alerting, and reporting for management, compliance, or early warning detection.
• Scalable Security for Public & Private Clouds: Readily plugs into private cloud environments as well as third-party cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
Barracuda Web Application Firewall blocks an ever-expanding list of sophisticated web-based attacks directed at online applications, while effectively preventing data loss.
Barracuda Total Threat Protection
Barracuda Web Application Firewall (cuda.co/waf) is part of the Barracuda Total Threat Protection initiative, which is aimed at providing powerful, integrated security protection across multiple threat vectors at an affordable cost. Barracuda Total Threat Protection is designed to protect multiple threat vectors including email, web applications, remote access, web browsing by network users, mobile Internet access, and the network perimeter itself. It includes the combination of award-winning security solutions, a common management interface, a single point of support, and affordability. For additional information on Barracuda Total Threat Protection, visit cuda.co/ttp.
Pricing and Availability
The Barracuda Web Application Firewall list price starts at $4,999 USD for the appliance and list price of $1,349 USD for Energize Updates. An optional Instant Replacement service featuring priority replacement of failed hardware and complimentary refresh of four-year old hardware units is available starting at list price of $1,099 USD per year. Barracuda Web Application Firewall is also available as a virtual appliance for use with VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle VirtualBox and Citrix virtualization environments, as well as for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure public cloud environments. International pricing and availability vary by region.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda (barracuda.com) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security.
Barracuda, Barracuda Networks, and the Barracuda Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. or other regions.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the benefits, functionality, benefits, and performance of Barracuda Web Application Firewall. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control and that could cause the Company’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company’s business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company’s products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.