Biker Pets at the 66th Annual Daytona Beach Bike Week By MJ Reynolds for BikeWeek.com and ItsMyPetClub.com
Bikers from all over the world began pouring into Daytona Beach over the weekend for the 66th Annual Bike Week. Many of the bikers also brought their pets decked out in leather to the world’s largest motorcycle event.
Bikers enjoyed beautiful weather Sunday for the Budweiser Main Street Parade and live performances at the Hard Rock Café Stage.
Cars were not permitted on Main Street, where a continuous flow of motorcycles passed by and took up every inch of parking on both sides of the street. Surrounding parking lots were also filled with motorcycles and the semi trailers used to bring some of the custom bikes to Bike Week.
The event is dominated by Harley Davidson enthusiasts, along with a sampling of incredible big, big bikes and unique choppers.
We saw a motorcycle built with old bones in the window at Froggy’s Saloon.
And among all of the interesting and unusual sites, beautiful women and gorgeous motorcycles, we also met a lot of friendly bikers and their biker pets!
We met Clovis and De-De from Shawinigan, Canada. They had their Bichon Frise, Rosi with them in a “Harley” over the shoulder carrier and she was lapping up lots of attention from the crowds.
A little Chihuahua named Dude, decked out in leathers and goggles, and a hat that said “Take it Easy” has been riding on motorcycles since he was six and a half weeks old. His owner, Cindy from Ocala, Florida used to carry him on the motorcycle in her vest pocket.
Kick-start, a miniature Doberman, was with his owners Paul and Tweety from Ormond Beach. Kick-start rode on Paul’s shoulder as they walked along Main Street, stopping for beers at some of the numerous patio bars.
We met a Bull Master named Chelsea, who was sporting a Bike Week bandana. She was there from Jacksonville, Florida with her owner, Connie and Connie’s mother.
Sophi, a three-year old Cocker Spaniel wearing a leather cap also enjoyed sips of water from a flip-top portable bowl carried by her owners. “Sophi has been riding with me on my Harley since she was a puppy,” said her owner, Cindy from Wisconsin.
Al and Desiree from Vero Beach, Florida brought their miniature Pomeranian, Hope to see the parade on Sunday. Cindy and her little Yorkie, Sam were there, too; along with Steve and his “All-American” pooch, Shatzie.
“You name it, he’s got it, but I’m a mongrel too,” said Steve, who drove down in a motor home from New Hampshire.
The 66th Annual Bike Week in Daytona Beach continues through Saturday, March 10th. Pet photos and calendar of events at BikeWeek.com and ItsMyPetClub.com.
1. Kick-start, a miniature Doberman, balances on his owner’s shoulder to watch the Budweiser Main Street Bike Week Parade on Sunday in Daytona Beach
2. Rosi, a French-Canadian Bichon Frise, enjoys the parade from an over-the-shoulder "Harley" dog carrier
3. Dude, a little Chihuahua who has been riding on motorcycles since he was six weeks old, is decked out in leathers and goggles, and a hat that says “Take it Easy.”
4. Angieland from Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis is one of many Bike Week celebrity visitors
5. The Hard Rock Café’s Perfect Angles perform live dance routines several times throughout the day and at 6 and 8 p.m. nightly
6. Bike Week, known for its friendly crowds of motor-cycle enthusiasts continues through Saturday, March 10 in Daytona Beach.