NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2014/11/06 - On November 19 at 10am EST; 3pm GMT, or 4pm CET, Docebo will host a live panel discussion involving four key industry thought leaders on the subject of ‘MOOCs: from Academia to Corporate’ - Docebo.com.
The members of this thought leaders’ panel are:
• John Leh, the CEO and Lead Analyst at Talented Learning, a Pennsylvania-based news, research and consulting firm specializing in extended enterprise learning technology. He has some 18 years’ experience of the online learning sector, having worked for Meridian Knowledge Solutions and SumTotal Systems before founding Talented Learning.
• Dr Mike Orey, has been an Associate Professor at the University of Georgia since 1989. He’s a teacher, researcher, designer, developer and a visionary focused on meeting the needs of today's learners, through various technologies, using a learner-centred experience.
• Aaron Silvers, a designer, technologist and strategist responsible for helping to bring into being learning technologies notably SCORM and Experience API (otherwise known as ‘Tin Can’). Indeed, he leads the IEEE Learning Technology Standards Committee charged with the international industry standardisation of Tin Can.
• Erica LeBlanc, the Operations Development Manager for the IP & Science Business at Thomson Reuters, where she manages a team of instructional designers focusing on the creation and delivery of customised sales training courses. An advocate of mobile learning as a key component for sales training programs, Erica has also led global implementations of learning management systems (LMS).
Massive open online courses (MOOCs) have their detractors and their sceptics; while those offering MOOCs are wondering how to ‘monetise’ them that is, how to make money from the intellectual property that comprises these courses. Nonetheless, MOOCs have shown that they have the potential to disrupt the corporate learning world in terms of price, technology and even pedagogy.
During the webinar, attendees will have the opportunity to witness a panel discussion involving leading industry thought leaders on:
• What MOOCs are
• Different types of MOOC implementation
• MOOCs within a corporate setting
• MOOCs versus curricular education
• MOOCs versus e-learning courses
• Identifying the hype about MOOCs
• Exploring the future of learning and discussing MOOCs’ part in it (if any)
This webinar will last no longer than 60 minutes and all those who register will have access to a copy of the proceedings after the event. To register for the webinar, visit the Docebo website.
Docebo (docebo.com) is a worldwide, and is sold in more than 65 countries around the world. The Docebo LMS disruptive Cloud E-Learning solutions provider that is revolutionizing the online training market with its Software as a Service Learning Management System. Established in 2005, Docebo has over 28,000 installations offers an enterprise solution for mid-sized to large organizations. Customers benefit from Docebo solutions thanks to a scalable pricing model, a third party integration (via API), and reliable service available 24/7 to further enhance the user experience. For more information, contact Dario De Angelis at +39 039.2323286.