The National Academy of Public Accounting Professionals (NAPAP) has named its 2014 "Top 10 Public Accounting Professionals" for the state of Hawaii. The award winners include:
• Mimi Hu of Levin & Hu, LLP in Kahului
• Howard Kam of Trusta in Honolulu
• Alan Kobayashi of Kobayashi, Kanetoku, Doi, Lum & Yasuda, LLC in Honolulu
• Wendell Lee of Accuity, LLP in Honolulu
• Jay Miyaki of Jay Miyaki, CPA, LLC in Honolulu
• Alton Miyashiro of N&K CPAs, Inc. in Honolulu
• John O'Farrell of John O'Farrell & Associates, Inc. in Honolulu
• Carlton Williams of CW Associates in Honolulu
• William Wong of William L. Wong, CPA & Associates, Inc. in Kailua-Kona
• Alan Yee of KMH, LLP in Honolulu
"We are very pleased to recognize this distinguished group of public accounting professionals, whose commitment to the profession and mastery of their craft have earned them this significant and prestigious honor," says Paul Witte, Executive Director of NAPAP.
A primary charter of the National Academy of Public Accounting Professionals (napapweb.org) is to recognize and distinguish the Top 10 Public Accounting Professionals in each state. The accountants who make the NAPAP "TOP 10" list demonstrate an extensive amount of knowledge, skill, experience and success in the field of accounting. To achieve this award, the accountants must first be nominated by industry peers or satisfied clients. The nominees are reviewed by the NAPAP research committee, which evaluates each nominee's credentials against the award criteria, and compiles a list of finalists from which the NAPAP Board of Governors selects the Top 10. Selection criteria include education, years of experience, areas of expertise, certifications, publications, awards, leadership, and client satisfaction.
2014 "Top 10" award winners for other states will be named before Dec. 31, 2014. Nominations for the 2015 "Top 10 Public Accounting Professionals" awards in each state will be accepted beginning January 1, 2015.