NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Austin, TX, United States, 2014/10/28 - The Solution, Built on kCura® Relativity 8.1, Lowers the Cost and Risk of Discovery While Improving Efficiencies of eDiscovery Work Product - RenewData.com. NASDAQ: CG
RenewData, a legal consulting and technology company with solutions that address the full spectrum of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM), today announced the addition of Multi-Matter Management by RenewData. The solution, which enhances the company’s existing multi-matter management services and is integrated with Relativity, drastically reduces the time, risk and cost of document review by allowing in-house counsel to reuse work product across multiple matters.
According to a study on the allocation of eDiscovery costs, document review typically comprises 73 percent of eDiscovery production costs. However, document review for matters such as multi-jurisdictional, intellectual property and human resources litigation often includes an overlap of files from the same custodians already reviewed for different matters. This creates a cycle of reviewing the same documents for different matters, which can lead to high costs and substantial risks such as inadvertent production or privilege waiver.
“The bottom line is that corporate law departments do not want to pay to review the same documents from the same custodians in multiple matters and they shouldn’t have to. With Multi-Matter Management by RenewData, corporate clients can easily and defensibly reuse attorney work product from documents such as confidential supervisory information, suspicious activity reports and proprietary and privilege review decisions, in order to contain risk and costs,” said Jim Blayney, CEO of RenewData.
Multi-Matter Management by RenewData includes a workflow to see and resolve coding inconsistencies in real time, and allows the reuse of coding decisions across matters. In-house counsel can:
• Reuse attorney work product within and across matters to dramatically reduce costs.
• Spot inconsistencies in real time to correct them as they happen, reducing the risk of erroneous productions.
• Avoid document retention pitfalls. Delete documents per retention policies, but still reuse work product, saving costs related to storage and review.
• Choose the matters and fields subject to auto-propagation and consistency checks for flexibility and control.
• Keep data secure, with role-based multi-party access. Matters are kept in separate Relativity workspaces to prevent unauthorized access and commingling.
• Leverage the power of Relativity backed by RenewData’s Orange-level Relativity Best in Service team.
Multi-Matter Management by RenewData is available immediately. To find out more, call 1-888.811.3789 or visit the RenewData booth # 1008 during the Association of Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting, Oct. 28-31.
RenewData Corporation (renewdata.com) is a legal consulting and technology company with solutions that address the full spectrum of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM). The company has a particular focus on review acceleration and its proprietary Language-Based Analytics (LBA) and will guarantee results. RenewData’s goal is to help corporations and law firms mine their unstructured data to significantly reduce the time, cost and risk associated with litigation and investigations.