NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Boston, MA, United States, 2014/10/01 - Oracle Optimized Solution for Oracle FLEXCUBE delivers high performance, better customer experience, and enables lower TCO - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
A recent performance test of Oracle FLEXCUBE on Oracle’s SPARC T5 servers with Oracle Solaris demonstrated that the banking solution can enable banks with between 1 and 3 million accounts to deploy Oracle FLEXCUBE at up to 2.3 times lower cost than an IBM POWER configuration. 1 Testing also demonstrated up to 4.5 times shorter deployment times when using the new Oracle Optimized Solution for Oracle FLEXCUBE.2
The Oracle Optimized Solution for Oracle FLEXCUBE offers a fully tested, tuned, and documented approach for deploying industry-leading Oracle FLEXCUBE solutions on Oracle’s SPARC T5 servers with low cost, minimal risk, and rapid return on investment.
The Oracle Optimized Solution for Oracle FLEXCUBE demonstrated high performance and efficiency for customer-facing online processing and back-office, end-of-financial-period batch processing, taking 128 minutes to process 10 million accounts for end-of-month and 40 minutes to process accounts for end-of-day periods. Online transaction processing (OLTP) performance reached 923 transactions per second with 200 concurrent users, with 98th-percentile response time of 343 milliseconds.
The Oracle Optimized Solution delivers exceptional value for Oracle FLEXCUBE users, including:
• Business continuity: Simplified architecture and reliability-focused design enables greater system availability.
• Back-office productivity: High-performance architecture helps minimize daily and periodic batch financial processing times and can help virtually eliminate backlogs.
• Better customer experience: Best practices and tuning maximizes branch office and ATM transactional capabilities while shortening financial transactions to provide rapid response to customers.
• Lower operating costs: The Oracle Optimized Solution for Oracle FLEXCUBE simplifies operations and management to increase IT efficiency and help reduce operating expenditures.
• The Oracle Optimized Solution for Oracle FLEXCUBE comprises Oracle’s SPARC T5 servers with Oracle Solaris, Oracle networking, and Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance.
• The performance test for the optimized solution was conducted with Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking Release 12 and Oracle Real Application Clusters 11g Release 2 running on a SPARC T5-2 server. The SPARC T5-2 server running Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking Release 12 achieved twice the throughput per processor compared to a SPARC T4-4 server. 3
“With the Oracle Optimized Solution for Oracle FLEXCUBE, banks have access to the best performance of Oracle FLEXCUBE on Oracle’s SPARC hardware, tested in Oracle’s labs. This enables banks to spend less time and effort to reap the rewards of their investment in a modern banking system. Moreover, the superior performance of Oracle FLEXCUBE on SPARC T5-2 servers offers banks significant cost and performance advantage, Darwiche, acting chief executive officer, Alizz Islamic Bank. “Oracle FLEXCUBE helped enable us to immediately achieve the results we desired, while also providing us with a modern, integrated banking platform that will support future growth. A project of such complexity was executed in a record-breaking timeframe of under five months by the joint team. We are proud of what we have achieved.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco (oracle.com/openworld) is the most important business and technology conference of the year for Oracle customers, prospective customers, and partners. This educational conference is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming industry trends and breakthroughs driven by technology. Oracle OpenWorld offers more than 2,700 educational sessions, hundreds of demos and hands-on labs, and exhibitions from more than 450 partners and customers from around the world showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management, cloud, and infrastructure solutions all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2014 is being held September 28 through October 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1. Comparison based on two IBM Power 750 servers (each with four 3.6 Ghz processors, 512 GB memory, two 300 GB SAS HDD) versus two Oracle SPARC T5-2 servers (each with two 3.6 Ghz SPARC T5 16-core processors, 512 GB memory, two 300 GB SAS-2 HDD), including hardware and support list price and discounted software license and support costs.
2. Based on comparison of deployment time for an Oracle Optimized Solution versus time required to deploy a custom solution.
3. Based on tests of end-of-month batch times for 10M records on SPARC T4-4 and SPARC T5-2 systems.
Contact: Mary Tobin - O’Keeffe & Company
P: +1 503-658-7396 - E: mtobin[.]okco.com.