NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Napa, CA, United States, 2014/09/10 - Following on from the highly successful v16, RR RMS Utilities Version 17 includes a raft of new features, over 100 minor bug fixes and code enhancements as well as a roll-up of Version 16 fixes - RRDisti.com.
Underlining its commitment to the Retail SMB / RMS space, Retail Realm continues to develop and support the RMS platform. "RR RMS Utilities Version 17" includes several key, highly successful Retail Realm Add-ons that have been migrated into the Utilities framework making for easier deployment, compatibility and on-going maintenance as well as adding additional value. This enables the reseller network to offer their client base additional feature functions and continued support.
RMS Utilities v17 includes out of the box:
ITEM COMPONENT SYNCH UTILITY
If you add, remove or change the quantity of items in Assembly components at Utility HQ or, similarly, change the quantity or add/remove Kit items, this RR utility now enables these modifications to be synched to a Store(s).
TASK PAD UTILITY
Filling a gap in Microsoft RMS this Retail Realm utility is a great time saver, permitting the export of Taskpads to be imported at other stores cutting implementation time and costs.
The RR Touch module provides a rich touch-screen experience at POS for a variety of retail verticals. Its highly configurable layout designer releases the retailer to have flexible custom layouts to one or multiple registers. All key-functions end users are familiar with on Microsoft RMS POS are available on the RR Touch interface but are supplemented by a plethora of functionalities devised by Retail Realm to improve the way transactions are handled.
RR Touch features include:
- Supports Single or Fast mode item selection
- Fast toggle between Add or Remove mode to add and remove items from the RMS POS transaction screen.
- Create static, dynamic, drilldown type of menu buttons.
- Consolidate item quantity at Microsoft RMS POS.
- Set item quantity limit for the transaction at Microsoft RMS POS.
- Select Item either by scan, menu and items buttons or from menu (Similar to Lookup: F2 in Microsoft RMS POS).
- Hold a transaction - then access it from any register by using the “Follow Me” feature.
- Works both in Store Alone and HQ controlled Store environments.
- Export/Import layout, keypads, number-pads in HQ Controlled Store environments.
- Powerful developer features SQL “code behind” buttons
For the full list of functionalities consult the RR RMS Utilities Version 17 Manual.
WEIGHTS AND MEASURES
The standard Weighed item functionality that RMS offers has been enhanced to deliver higher throughputs at the POS, again with rich functionality that makes handling weighed items a breeze! Retail Realm has added:
- Ability to set globally the unit convention used, i.e. Metric, or imperial
- Ability to define the unit of measure on a register by register basis, for instance, some registers can be connected to a scale in “kg” whilst others are weighing in grams.
- Item / department / category wise selection of Unit of Measure and register cross checking
- Concept of “Pre-defined Tares”, for example regular cartons, cups, boxes, trays you sell your weighed items in no more keying in tare weights; one click selects the tare used
- Concept of “Open” tare where this can be keyed in, for instance when the customer brings their own container
- New receipt formats better support for weighed items
- Enhanced support for Line / Pole display
- Support for Weight-embedded bar codes
Retail Realm Utilities 17 / RR Touch is certified by the Australian Government National Measurement Institute - Certificate # PS603. Contact us for further details.
CUSTOMER PRICE MATRIX
In certain retail environments special prices are offered to individual customers or groups of customers. The Customer Price Matrix (CPM) permits the calculation and application of these special prices based on a variety of parameters. Creating the price matrix is a simple process, offers greater flexibility and practically an unlimited number of price levels (compared with the 3 Microsoft RMS price levels to which users were previously restricted) and can be created at back office (HQ environment) or POS.
“Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations” and “Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters” do not have an inbuilt method for archiving data from the existing database. Retail Realm’s archive utility addresses this shortcoming. RR Archive exports, compacts and reduces the size of the active database whilst keeping an archive of the old data for reporting and audit purposes.
And don’t forget….
Version 17 includes many other features brought over from version 16, including:
e-Receipts, Gift Loyalty, accounts receivable, advanced Purchase Order Planning and Invoice matching and much more!
All the enhancements and features in the RR RMS Utilities Version 17 are available free of charge as long as the end user remains on a Microsoft support plan (BREP or BRAP) obtained through Retail Realm.
The RR RMS Utilities V17 launch format will be a 2-part webinar series devised to give the Retail Realm Partner/Reseller community a real feel for its feature rich capabilities (11th and 18th Sept 2014 at 09:00 PST).
About Retail Realm
For almost two decades multinational company, Retail Realm (rrdisti.com), has specialized in creating and managing a portfolio of vertical business software solutions that are marketed worldwide through a community of resellers. Retail Realm is a leading distributor of Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) and Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail. The company has also adopted additional add-ons and stand-alone products developed by leading companies that enhance or integrate with RMS and/or Microsoft Dynamics AX for Retail.