Future plc, the international media group and leading digital business, today announces a promotion giving print consumers a free digital edition. The promotion is the first of its kind in the industry, and the first from Future’s new Consumer Revenues team.
All issues that go on sale in September, will have the option of a free digital edition. No other publisher has attempted to run a promotion like this across its entire print portfolio.
Customers will be given a redemption code, allowing them to download their free issue. The promotion is being supported by a large marketing campaign, covering all of Future’s editorial and advertising channels as well as its social media platforms.
Clair Porteous, Head of Channel Management for Future, says: “This marketing initiative is the first of its kind in the industry. We are generating consumer excitement by a mass appeal promotion which is being pushed across all of our channels. We intend to do more of these in the coming months so watch this space.”
Paul Layte, Head of Consumer Revenues for Future, adds: “Here at Future we are listening to our customers and they tell us that they love our content and love it in both print and digital formats. Therefore we have decided for the first time to combine these as a special promotion for our print customers at no extra cost. This innovative proposition makes the most of Future’s unique assets and gives our customers something extra to say thankyou for their loyalty to our brands.”
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• Future has operations in the UK, US and Australia creating publications, apps, websites and events.
• Future holds market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Music, and the Creative sector.
• Future attracts more than 49 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 14 million magazines last year. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
• Videos created by Future had over 143 million views last year
• Future, and its portfolio, reaches over 15 million people on social media.
• Future has over 200 licensing & syndication agreements in 89 countries worldwide, and exports over 55 titles.
• First time a publisher has introduced a promotion of this kind for its entire portfolio