Future, the award-winning international media group and leading digital business, today announces the new leadership team tasked with the development of its Content & Marketing strategy, under the leadership of Content & Marketing Director Nial Ferguson.
The Content & Marketing team are responsible for the creation and development of the award winning brands, audiences and market expertise within the games, technology, music, film, photography, creative & design verticals.
Declan Gough becomes Head of Content & Marketing, Film, Games and Music. Declan will be responsible for all of the brands in this portfolio including GamesRadar, Edge, MusicRadar, Guitarist, SFX and Total Film. He joined Future in 2012 leading the market-leading Creative & Design group and the renowned Edge brand.
Nick Merritt becomes Head of Content & Marketing, Technology building on his work with TechRadar, the UK’s biggest consumer technology website, Nick will take control of leading brands including T3, Gizmodo, Lifehacker and MacFormat. Nick has been responsible for the phenomenal success of TechRadar, leading it through international expansion as well as into new content areas such as Business Tech with TechRadar Pro.
Matthew Pierce becomes Head of Content & Marketing, Photography and Creative & Design. Matt has led Future’s market leading photography portfolio to huge success in the past few years, including overseeing the launch of the award winning digital innovation Photography Week and equally award winning The Photography Show at the NEC, and now will be also responsible for the market-leading Creative & Design group.
Nial Ferguson, Content & Marketing Director, says: “I am delighted to be able to announce these appointments as we continue the process of restructuring Future around content that connects with consumers and commercial partners.
We are coming to the end of our transformation process and the focus is now all about putting the exciting plans in place. I know that Nick, Declan and Matthew and their exceptionally talented teams will be able to achieve everything that is asked of them.”
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• Future has operations in the UK, US and Australia creating publications, apps, websites and events.
• Future holds market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Music, and the Creative sector.
• Future attracts more than 49 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com and musicradar.com/.
• Future sold more than 14 million magazines last year. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
• Videos created by Future had over 143 million views last year.
• Future, and its portfolio, reaches over 15 million people on social media.
• Future has over 200 licensing & syndication agreements in 89 countries worldwide, and exports over 55 titles.
*Please note all figures exclude Sport and Craft which was sold to Immediate Media in July 2014.