MobileIron, a leader in enterprise mobility management (EMM), today announced the Japanese availability of MobileIron Cloud, the next-generation cloud solution for enterprise mobility management (EMM). Fully automated and localized for Japan, MobileIron Cloud provides users with seamless access to the business apps and content they need on their mobile devices while ensuring that IT can properly secure corporate data.
“It’s been exciting to watch our Japanese customers realize the business advantages of enabling their employees with mobile apps and content,” said Bob Tinker, CEO of MobileIron. “With MobileIron Cloud, they can make the transition from basic mobile device management to enterprise mobility management with unprecedented speed and ease of use.”
Gartner reports that “one in every four Japanese CIOs has made significant investment in public cloud. Even more than in the global results, the dominant reason in Japan is agility, not cost”.(1) MobileIron Cloud combines the agility of the cloud with the enterprise-grade security of MobileIron’s leading EMM platform. MobileIron’s layered security model allows organizations to protect sensitive corporate data without impacting the user experience on the mobile device. Layered security includes the ability to secure enterprise email, apps and content without monitoring or modifying personal data; use certificates to establish and authenticate identity; provide closed-loop automation to automatically trigger notifications, quarantine and other access policies when devices fall out of compliance; and provide employees with self-service tools for registration, checking compliance and remediation.
MobileIron Cloud benefits for IT:
• Deploy in minutes;
• Automate mobile security;
• Manage, secure and track data across thousands of mobile apps, files and devices;
• Day zero support for new handsets of supported manufacturers;
• Keep pace with mobile technology developmentScale to support a global mobile enterprise with millions of devices;
• Provide uninterrupted mobile management through local high availability and global disaster recovery.
MobileIron Cloud benefits for employees:
• Use work apps and content with the same consumer-grade experience they get with personal apps and files;
• Reduce help desk calls and eliminate the need for training with an intuitive user interface;
• Manage devices through a self-service portal to lock, unlock, wipe or retire personal devices.
“MobileIron Cloud combines a fantastic user experience with the enterprise-grade security customers expect from MobileIron,” said Mikio Yanashita, Vice President of Sales Asia Pacific Region at MobileIron. “Japanese CIOs are looking for agility and the cloud is the answer. As part of our commitment to the Japanese market, we are delivering a fully automated product so that Japanese organizations can realize immediate efficiencies of both enterprise mobility and the cloud.”
MobileIron (mobileiron.com) provides the foundation for companies around the world to transform into Mobile First organizations.
(1) Gartner 2014 CIO Agenda: A Japan Perspective, Satoshi Yamanoi and Kazunari Konishi, March 20, 2014