Bombardier, the world’s only manufacturer of both planes and trains with more than 71,700 employees around the world, is always searching for the best talent to engineer, design, manufacture, and market its innovative aerospace and rail solutions. To help align talent with demand, Bombardier is leveraging Oracle Talent Management Cloud, part of Oracle HCM Cloud, to provide a single, global applicant tracking system (ATS). Since upgrading to the latest version of Oracle Talent Management Cloud for recruiting, Bombardier has reduced recruiting time for technical and highly skilled positions, while increasing the quality and diversity of applicants.
To enable a more strategic approach to talent acquisition across its global organization, Bombardier has upgraded to the latest version of Oracle Talent Management Cloud, a component of Oracle HCM Cloud, to propel its recruiting capabilities.
With large, time-sensitive orders for its transportation solutions, fast talent acquisition is critical to the company’s success, particularly for in-demand positions like engineers and project managers.
Facing competition across key geographies, Bombardier needed a more efficient way to source, assess, and acquire internal and external talent across its two divisions, Bombardier Transport and Bombardier Aerospace.
By combining its two applicant tracking systems into a single instance of Oracle Talent Management Cloud for recruiting, complete with advanced reporting and analytics, Bombardier increased the efficiency and effectiveness of its recruiting processes. This has enabled Bombardier to achieve:
• Faster Time to Hire By automating its recruiting processes with Oracle, Bombardier accelerated the hiring lifecycle for technical and skilled positions, which comprise a majority of its needs.
• Increased Candidate Volume The new Oracle ATS allows Bombardier to handle twice as much traffic from online applicants without an increase in dedicated IT staff.
• Greater Talent Diversity With an integrated, global ATS, Bombardier now receives résumés that are more diversified by skill set and geography, enabling the company to scale its operations worldwide and create and staff centers of excellence with top talent.
• Reduced Training Time By hiring more highly skilled candidates, Bombardier has reduced the amount of training it needs to provide both full-time employees and contractors.
• Consistent Innovation By adopting the upgrades and enhancements Oracle delivers every six months, Bombardier is always at the cutting edge of recruiting technology, optimizing the experience for its recruiters and candidates.
Bombardier is using the recruiting capabilities of Oracle Talent Management Cloud, an integrated, end-to-end talent management solution that enables organizations to recruit, nurture, and retain top talent. It is designed to help modern HR leaders source and acquire talent, develop talent for critical roles, and promote a high-performance culture and collaborative learning environment.
“In an industry where technology, customer and consumer needs are always changing, Bombardier strives to employ the smartest and most focused talent to design and manufacture its high performance mobility solutions,” said Jean-Francois Deschenes, chief web officer and HRIS director, Bombardier, Inc. “We’ve gained a competitive edge in the global market with Oracle as our recruiting technology partner. The integrated, intuitive Oracle Talent Management Cloud recruiting system has enabled us to quickly and efficiently expand globally, hiring the most skilled people possible for the job at hand.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Joan Touchstone, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5110 - E: jtouchstone[.]blancandotus.com.