Companies from across the spectrum of the healthcare industry, ranging from drug discovery technologies, healthcare & life sciences IT to medical imaging, patient monitoring and medical devices arenas were honoured at the event.
Twenty four awards were bestowed over the course of the proceedings. Awards were presented for outstanding market leadership and enabling technologies, product and technology innovation, as well as excellence in growth strategies and entrepreneurship.
EIZO NANAO CORPORATION, GeneGo, Inc, InferMed Ltd, Mindray Medical International Limited, SPEEDEL and TANDBERG picked up awards for superior market-related strategies. Product-related awards were conferred on GenoID Ltd - The HPV Diagnostics Company, Medic4all, Medivance, Misys Healthcare Systems, NoemaLife, Peter Brehm GmbH Chirurgie Mechanik, Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Ziehm Imaging Group. Technology awards were bestowed on AmVac AG, Capsule Technologie, Genaco Biomedical Products, Inc. and Luminex Corporation and Neuropharma S.A.
DEBIOTECH SA received two awards including the 2006 Entrepreneurial Company Award, while Barco Medical Imaging Division was presented a coveted Market Leadership Award. Mr. Guido Geerts, CEO of Rogan Delft BV was conferred the prestigious 2006 CEO of the Year Award for his leadership in the medical imaging market.
Later, Mr. Geerts also delivered the keynote presentation. In his speech on "It's not about me," Mr. Geerts noted, "You have to constantly look at your team - what do they need?"
Over 50 industry leaders attended this year's event. Said Melinda-Kinga Karpati, CEO of AmVac AG, Switzerland, "The event was fantastically well organised and there was a great atmosphere. The award recipients were all extremely proud to be acknowledged for their achievements. All in all, the evening was delightful. The awards motivate people and companies to carry on with what they are doing, or reassure that the strategy they have chosen is the right one. The event was a great team-building exercise and helped to bring management closer together".
The following is the complete list of award recipients:
• 2006 Enabling Technology of the Year Award in the Biotherapeutic Drugs and Treatment Procedures Market - AmVac AG
• 2006 Market Leadership Award - Barco Medical Imaging Division
• 2006 Enabling Technology of the Year Award in the Patient Monitoring Industry - Capsule Technologie
• 2006 Technology Innovation Award - Chiesi Farmaceutici Group
• 2006 Enabling Technology of the Year Award in the Insulin Pump Industry - DEBIOTECH SA
• 2006 Competitive Strategy Leadership Award - EIZO NANAO CORPORATION
• 2006 Technology Innovation and Leadership of the Year Award in the Molecular Diagnostics Market - Genaco Biomedical Products, Inc. and Luminex Corporation
• 2006 Competitive Strategy Leadership Award - GeneGo, Inc
• 2006 Product Innovation Award - GenoID Ltd - The HPV Diagnostics Company
• 2006 CEO of the Year Award in the Medical Imaging Market - Guido Geerts, Rogan-Delft
• 2006 Entrepreneurial Company Award - InferMed Ltd
• 2006 Product and Services Differentiation Innovation Award in Telemedicine - Medic4all
• 2006 Product Differentiation Innovation Award - Medivance
• 2006 Global Market Penetration Leadership of the Year Award in the Patient Monitoring Market - Mindray Medical International Limited
*2006 Product Line Strategy Award - Misys Healthcare Systems
*2006 Excellence in Technology Award - Neuropharma S.A.
*2006 Product Line Strategy Leadership Award - NoemaLife
*2006 Product Line Leadership Award - Peter Brehm GmbH Chirurgie Mechanik
*2006 Product Innovation Award - Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics
*2006 Entrepreneurial Company Award - SPEEDEL
• 2006 Fastest Growing Company of the Year Award in the telemedicine market - TANDBERG
*2006 Product Line Strategy Award - Thermo Fisher Scientific
*2006 Product Innovation Award- Ziehm Imaging Group
*2006 Entrepreneurial Company Award -DEBIOTECH SA
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, a global growth consulting company, has been partnering with clients to support the development of innovative strategies for more than 40 years. The company's industry expertise integrates growth consulting, growth partnership services, and corporate management training to identify and develop opportunities. Frost & Sullivan serves an extensive clientele that includes Global 1000 companies, emerging companies, and the investment community by providing comprehensive industry coverage that reflects a unique global perspective and combines ongoing analysis of markets, technologies, econometrics, and demographics.