NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
York, PA, United States, 2014/06/11 - The latest release of KioWare for Android provides the ability to port content using Google’s Chromecast. This feature, and more, improve upon KioWare's already strong Single App Mode & Browser Lockdown capabilities.
Analytical Design Solutions Inc. (ADSI) has released Version 3.2.0 of KioWare for Android for the following models: Lite, Basic and Full with Server. These products act as a kiosk mode, locking down the Operating System and Home Screen/Launcher of your Android Devices. Whether restricting browser access or restricting access to particular applications, KioWare for Android protects your device and your user from unauthorized or unintended usage.
- KioWare for Android Kiosk Software, New Features
The latest release of KioWare for Android provides the ability to port content using Google’s Chromecast. This feature allows for simple configuration of digital signage with an inexpensive Google Chromecast and your Android tablet. KioWare for Android Version 3.2.0 also provides a new feature allowing for simple PDF display. Your device can now be configured to allow users to view PDFs and other files that are saved locally.
Usability improvements include new “home button” and “back button” options for navigating to or from the start page URL. Samsung users will find that KioWare for Android now exits seamlessly, an improvement upon previous versions.
Developers will find that KioWare for Android Version 3.2.0 now offers an XML file setting that embeds media and allows for simple XML configuration across multiple devices.
- New Tablet Kiosk Features with KioWare for Android Version 3.2.0
KioWare Lite for Android new features include:
- Ability to Embed Resources in XML and store entire files, icons, etc into the XML file. This feature allows for easy movement of settings and files across multiple devices.
- Local file "download" which allows users to view local PDFs.
- Home Button and Back button used to navigate to start page URL or navigate back.
- French language setting (Config tool now available in English, German, and French).
- Ability to customize default error page.
- Samsung exiting improved.
- Improved downloading using Webview's session
- Allow custom schemes to open applications for seamless interaction with “fb:” or “tel:” etc.
- Option to allow top notification bar to show so that the screen resizes when the keyboard is displayed. (Allows you to avoid full screen mode when desired).
- Developer usability improvement to configuration tool, allowing tool to stay open to last used tab.
KioWare Kiosk Basic & Full with Server for Android new features include all of the aforementioned KioWare Lite for Android features, as well as:
- Chromecast integration supported.
Read the full version history for this release. All of these products are available as a free 500-hour demo or via Google Play. Existing clients have the ability to upgrade.
KioWare has been providing OS, desktop, and browser lockdown security for the kiosk and self-service industry since 2001.
About ADSI, developers of KioWare Kiosk Software
Founded in 1991 to provide client server software development, Analytical Design Solutions Inc. (ADSI) developed KioWare, award winning kiosk system software for the Windows OS in 2001, and KioWare for Android software in 2012. KioWare deploys browser-based applications into a kiosk mode environment easily and inexpensively, securing the operating system, and allowing users to access only the application. Each client has the ability to customize KioWare to his or her needs, with a product line ranging from basic browser-lockdown to server based remote monitoring.