NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Neuilly-sur-Seine, Hauts-de-Seine, France, 2014/06/09 - Thales is a major player in the French public transport sector, with strong credentials in signalling, supervision, fare collection and video protection - ThalesGroup.com. Euronext: HO
The Group has provided solutions to RATP for the Paris metro and bus networks, and to SNCF for suburban and national rail networks. Thales is also France’s market leader for car park management systems.
At this year's event, Thales will present transportation solutions that respond perfectly to the needs of the upcoming Grand Paris project:
• The urban mobility platform is Thales’s latest innovation. This platform is used to plan journeys by simulating the Paris region's public transport network in real-time and integrating dynamic carsharing within its proposed routes. The urban mobility platform perfectly meets the requirements of the project conceived by the French government for a national, multimodal route planner by 2015.
• The ticketing gate of the future for improved usability and security as well as higher throughput.
• An advanced data analytics solution for the improved anticipation of passenger requirements.
• The integrated operation control centre, which ensures the supervision of several lines on the Paris metro.
• The CBTC signalling solution, with its fully automatic, driverless option.
With 52% of its employees based in France, Thales has strong roots in the country. Furthermore, its global centres of excellence for signalling, supervision and fare collection are located in the Paris region.
Thales (thalesgroup.com) is a global technology leader in the Aerospace, Transportation and Defence & Security markets. In 201 3, the company generated revenues of €14.2 billion with 65,000 employees in 56 countries. With its 25,000 engineers and researchers, Thales has a unique capability to design, develop and deploy equipment, systems and services that meet the most complex secu rity requirements. Thales has an exceptional international footprint, with operations around the world working with customers and local partners.