The Crucial MX100 launched at Computex!
Traditionally, SSDs have delivered powerful speeds and extra features, but at a high cost per gigabyte. Enter the Crucial MX100 SSD. The Crucial MX100 offers a low cost per GB, combined with unrelenting performance and one of the most complete feature sets available.
• Sequential read and write speeds up to 550MB/s and 500MB/s respectively on all file types*
• Up to 89 percent more energy efficient than a typical hard drive**
• Industry- leading feature set includes best-in-class hardware encryption, Native Write Acceleration, Redundant Array of Independent NAND (RAIN), Exclusive Data Defence, Adaptive Thermal Protection and Power Loss Protection
Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, announced today the new Crucial MX100 solid state drive (SSD). Available in 128GB, 256GB and 512GB capacities. The new Crucial MX100 offers powerful speeds and advanced features at a low costs per gigabyte. The Crucial MX100 256GB and 512GB drives utilize Micron’s new 16 nanometer (nm) 128gb NAND, in addition to a SATA 6GB/s controller and custom firmware, to deliver up to 90,000 input/output operations per second (IOPS). With true 550/500 MB/s sequential read/write speeds on both compressible and incompressible data, •the Crucial MX100 allows users to boot up almost instantly, load programmes in seconds, and accelerate demanding applications. Furthermore, at up to 89 percent more efficient than a hard drive, the new MX100 SSD allows users to run systems longer, using less power**
The Crucial MX100 SSD also offers one of the most comprehensive feature sets available:
• Best-in-class hardware encryption keeps personal and sensitive information safe in the event of device theft or loss
• Native Write Acceleration spreads the drives workload across several elements to save and transfer files in seconds rather than minutes.
• Redundant Array of Independent NAND technology increases security and protection of data to a level that’s rarely found in consumer-class SSD’s.
• Exclusive Data Defence guards against corrupt files
• Adaptive Thermal Protection adjusts storage component activity based on how the drive is used to keep the system cool
• Power Loss Protection preserves data even if the power goes out
Additionally, each Crucial MX100 SSD comes with Acronis Tru Image HD data migration software that moves all files, operating systems, settings and programmes from an existing hard drive to a newly installed SSD. This patented disk-imaging technology powered by Acronis’ AnyData Engine allows users to quickly, easily and accurately utilize their new SSD as their system drive. “The Crucial MX100 represents a significant step forward for the mainstream SSD market, delivering outstanding performance and robust features at an excellent price,” said Jon Weech, senior worldwide product manager, Crucial. “This product truly broadens the storage consideration set and enables more users than ever to make the jump from traditional spinning hard drives to a solid state drive.” Available now in a 2.5-inch 7mm SATA III form factor, the Crucial MX100 SSD is offered in 128GB, 256GB and 512GB capacities and will be available soon through Syntech Resellers.
Syntech (syntech.co.za) a Technology Distributor, was established in 2002. Our product ranges are sourced from a variety of international manufacturers. We distribute a number of top brands including Crucial, Lexar, OCZ, Patriot, G-Tech, Sonnet, ATTO, RaidMax, Thecus, Seasonic, Kanex, to name but a few. Based in Cape Town, South Africa, we distribute an extensive range of computer related products throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Our objective is to create solutions. We have developed our product range by offering these complete solutions with several focused products that cater for individual reseller requirements. Our solid relationships with our suppliers ensure that we deliver products which have been developed in accordance with market demands. Our distribution orientated business model and advanced logistics system ensures that all of our clients can expect cost effective solutions delivered on time.