NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Boston, MA, United States, 2014/06/02 - The 3rd Annual Drug Repositioning, Repurposing and Rescue Conference announces Bruce Bloom of Cures Within Reach and Aris Persidis of Biovista as conference chairs for the 3rd Annual Drug Repositioning, repurposing and Rescue Conference.
The event will be held on July 15 & 16, at the Sheraton Commander hotel in Boston, MA. The focus of the conference is on explorations into new therapeutics entities; crowd funding and collaborative drug discovery and development. Following is the conference agenda:
• Why High Quality Phenotypic Screening is So Well Suited for Drug Repositioning - Andrew Reaume, Melior Discovery, Inc.
• Social Investing to Support Rediscovery Research™ - Dr. Bruce Bloom, Cures Within Reach
• The Challenges of Repositioning Drugs: 10 lessons From Black Bone Disease - Nicholas Sireau, AKU Society, Co-Founder, Findacure
• The Drug Repurposing Patent Landscape: A Hotbed of Pharmaceutical Creativity - Hermann Mucke, Ph.D., H.M. Pharma Consultancy
• Prioritizing and Integrating Existing Methods into Cost-effective and Efficient Pipelines for Drug Repositioning - Stephen Wong, The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Weill Cornell Medical College at Texas Medical Center
• Comparison of Different Development Paths, Challenges and Profiles of Three Re-positioned Drug Products - Neal M. Farber, NeuroHealing Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
• The NCATS Pharmaceutical Collection: Overview, Screening Processes, and Examples of Use in Cancer and Infectious Diseases - Anton Simeonov, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institutes of Health
• Drug Repurposing In Pediatrics: A Clinician's Perspective - Julie Blatt, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
• Repositioning: Validating a Drug Target for a New Indication through Genetics, Expression, and Phenotypic Screening - Pankaj Agarwal, GlaxoSmithKline
• Presentation by Mary E. Ogle, Teva Pharmaceuticals
• Repurposing as a Viable, Risk-managed Business Model - Daniel Behr, Rediscovery Life Sciences
• Integrating the Digital Universe of Information for Drug Discovery and Repurposing - Joel Dudley, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
• Rethinking Design and Execution of Clinical Trials for Repositioned Drugs - Marc Foster, Transparency Life Sciences
• Celgene Global Health: Focusing on Those Who Can Least Afford to Live by Re-focusing a Proprietary Chemical Library - Jerome B. Zeldis, Celgene Global Health
• Next Generation Repositioning: Taking the Serendipity Out - Aris Persidis, Biovista, Inc.
• Development of a Topical Anti-inflammatory Compound Using Smart Re-Profiling - Dr. Robert Scoffin, Cresset, Co-Founder, Re-Pharm
• Repositioning of Drugs for Renal Cell Cancer Using Transcriptome Signatures - Towia Libermann, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
• Pushing the Boundaries of Science Together Through Open Innovation Partnerships - Craig D. Wegner, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP