NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
New York, NY, United States, 2014/05/14 - ALM Events will host a unique executive conference focused on the latest legal, regulatory and compliance opportunities and challenges in the alternative investments space - ALM.com.
ALM Events, a leading producer of educational and networking events for business leaders and professionals, will host a unique executive conference focused on the latest legal, regulatory and compliance opportunities and challenges in the alternative investments space.
ALM’s inaugural Alternative Investment General Counsel Summit will take place on May 29, 2014, at The Harvard Club in New York City.
Key discussion items will include the following:
• Managing conflicts of interest while maintaining a culture of compliance;
• Complying with the latest Asian, European and US regulatory guidelines;
• Lessons learned arising from the “presence exam” initiative of the SEC’s Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations for newly registered advisors and the OCIE risk alerts addressing the due diligence process of advisers;
• Exploring the fund manager’s role in secondary transactions;
• Strategies for attracting institutional investors;
• Examining the FBI’s approach to insider trading and effectively responding to other regulatory audits and investigations.
For a complete conference agenda, exhibitor list and other details, please go to corpcounsel.com/alternativeinvestment.
The Alternative Investment General Counsel Summit is presented by ALM Events, a leading producer of educational and networking events for business leaders and professionals. Other ALM events include ALM Legal Conferences, Insight Information Conferences and the RealShare Conference series for commercial real estate professionals.
ALM (alm.com) is a global leader in specialized business news and information. Trusted reporting delivered through innovative technology is the hallmark of ALM’s award-winning media properties, which include Law.com (law.com), The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, The National Law Journal and The New York Law Journal. Headquartered in New York City with 16 offices worldwide, ALM brands have been serving their markets since 1843.
ALM, The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, GlobeSt.com, Insight Conferences, Law.com, Law Journal Press, Law Technology News, LegalTech, The National Law Journal and Real Estate Forum are trademarks or registered trademarks of ALM Media Properties, LLC.